Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop waiting until the last minute to merge!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
2 moms liked this

The merge sign started a mile ago, just freakin merge. It's maddening when you wait til the last minute! Rant Over.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThisMom128
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:16 PM
Yes it is..
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:16 PM
That's like my biggest pet peeve while driving.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:17 PM

When there aren't lots of other cars waiting to merge, I agree, but in my scenario daily I hate when people merge too early because others keep passing those early mergers and it takes longer. Merge at the end of its busy. 

casah4
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Or when they never actually merge. They just drive until their lane runs out and expects there to be a spot for them.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM

You wanna know what drives me effing bonkers?  Drivers who stop to let someone turn left when they don't have the right of way.  Every morning, I drive down this one road to take my kid to school that gets backed up because it is only a 2 lane road and there is a private school on the corner.  Parents are trying to drop off their kids and then try to reenter the road to turn left.  And it never fails for some moron to stop and let these drivers make the rest of us miss the light because they're being all effing chivalrous and let them pull up and block our side of the street because they can't turn left because cars are driving in west lane and of course they're not going to stop to let these drivers turn. And now we can't go because there's a car stopped perpindicular to our lane!  

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:32 PM
I hate when people miss their turn and decide to slam on breaks and jerk over at the last second. Just go to the next and pull a u-ey! It's not that big of a deal!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:34 PM
Lol you should drive in Utah people won't give you space to merge. That's fucking infuriating
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:35 PM
Do you know what a zipper merge is? It's a lot better for traffic flow.
MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:36 PM
I hate that, too. Another pet peeve of mine is when people don't understand how a 4 way stop works. Like, they get there way before I do, and I stop and wait for them, and they just sit there. It really makes me mad. I have road rage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Wow! I actually got honked at the other day when I had the right of way to go straight and they were turning left. I'm not sure how some people get their licenses.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

You wanna know what drives me effing bonkers?  Drivers who stop to let someone turn left when they don't have the right of way.  Every morning, I drive down this one road to take my kid to school that gets backed up because it is only a 2 lane road and there is a private school on the corner.  Parents are trying to drop off their kids and then try to reenter the road to turn left.  And it never fails for some moron to stop and let these drivers make the rest of us miss the light because they're being all effing chivalrous and let them pull up and block our side of the street because they can't turn left because cars are driving in west lane and of course they're not going to stop to let these drivers turn. And now we can't go because there's a car stopped perpindicular to our lane!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)