Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well...he left.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Idk where dh went or when he'll be back. He came home mad about stuff with his parents and the company. He co-owns a business with them. His mom is constantly using the company account for personal expenses. Not a little here and there, but hundreds of dollars at the time. There were about $1500 worth of charges today to the account from her.
So, after dinner he starts doing dishes while I start baths. I came out after helping one of the girls rinse her hair and he asked me about dd12 having her phone. She had it taken for a week and just got it back. I made the comment to him earlier that she seemed better behaved without it and he suggested I take it for longer. We didn't really come to a conclusion, I just decided she could have it for an hour after homework and dinner as long as she didn't give me any attitude. All of a sudden he flips out, starts cussing, kicks the rack in the dishwasher, throws a chair into the wall...and then says he'll be back later.

We've been together 7 years. Not once has he kicked or thrown anything in anger. He came back as I was typing and apologized for losing his temper. I'm having a really hard time being around him right now. I'm not scared, but I am angry. I'm sitting outside. I honestly hoped he'd be gone until I was asleep.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:22 PM
It's just one more thing on the pile, honestly. My point that I didn't really say is I'm getting tired of him being frustrated with something else and exploding at me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:23 PM
He needs to separate the business from home life. Leave it at the door when he gets home. If his parents are abusing the business funds then he needs to do something about or have them buy him out of it. He does not want to be caught in the middle of it if they run it into the ground.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:28 PM
They already had it run into the ground. They wanted Dh to come help, so he did. He's brought it back and it's doing very well. They've always just taken the money from the business, not paid taxes, etc. Dh is trying to get it all under control but his mom blocks everything he tries to do. And he doesn't want to give it up because he's worked so hard to get it where it is.

I get he's frustrated, but he needs to go yell at his mom instead of me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He needs to separate the business from home life. Leave it at the door when he gets home. If his parents are abusing the business funds then he needs to do something about or have them buy him out of it. He does not want to be caught in the middle of it if they run it into the ground.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:31 PM
Yes he does. But since this is affecting your marriage then he should walk away. What's more important, your marriage or the business?

Quoting Anonymous 1: They already had it run into the ground. They wanted Dh to come help, so he did. He's brought it back and it's doing very well. They've always just taken the money from the business, not paid taxes, etc. Dh is trying to get it all under control but his mom blocks everything he tries to do. And he doesn't want to give it up because he's worked so hard to get it where it is.

I get he's frustrated, but he needs to go yell at his mom instead of me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He needs to separate the business from home life. Leave it at the door when he gets home. If his parents are abusing the business funds then he needs to do something about or have them buy him out of it. He does not want to be caught in the middle of it if they run it into the ground.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)