Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Truth is...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I am starting to regret my marriage. I was very young, 18 to be exact. He is 10 years older than me, we have been married 6 years now. I was very naive about my whole marriage. He had 3 kids when I married him & later on another child popped up that he didn't know about. $ has always been tight seeing as he pays CS for 4 kids. We have a 3 bedroom townhouse. I have always wanted children but he says it will be too much with his 4 & that we should wait until his kids are grown so he has more time & money. He also says because we only have a 3 bedroom that the baby wouldn't have a room because the other 2 rooms are his children's. I want my own child, he says being a SM should fill that void for me until the time is right, but it doesn't. They have mothers. They are only with us on the weekends. I don't know if I can keep on going just being a SM. I always wonder about being with a man with NO kids & how different my life would be if I could have my own little family. A part of me wants to divorce & have a try at a different life. A part of me wants to stay & just keep living my current life. I always wonder...what if??? Its been on my mind heavy lately & I don't know what to do.I should add that I had a miscarriage during our 1st year married which has been hard on me. I was devastated but he just took it as it wasn't the right time. He didn't feel the loss like I did.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:28 PM
Omg I would have never married that man. I say if you want out, get out while you can with no ties.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM
I didn't think this way back then. I was a young woman with family issues & I saw it as a way out to a new life. I'm honestly considering leaving & starting a new life.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Omg I would have never married that man. I say if you want out, get out while you can with no ties.
geeez
by Baroness on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:44 PM
How can he deny you a child. He can be serious when he says his 4 will fill the void for you. He doesn't known the feeling of emptiness. You seem young enough to start over. I'm not telling you what to do, but if I were you, I would leave and start my life over...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:47 PM
How sad. 😔 I married young too but neither of us had kids. We both considered that a deal breaker. We waited years to have kids because we wanted to enjoy each other and we loved having disposable income and freedom to do what we wanted.

I wish you luck. That's a huge decision to make but one you should really consider if you truly aren't happy. I can only imagine how tough things are for you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I didn't think this way back then. I was a young woman with family issues & I saw it as a way out to a new life. I'm honestly considering leaving & starting a new life.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Omg I would have never married that man. I say if you want out, get out while you can with no ties.
dandynorm
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:16 PM
You're 24, right? That's how old I was when my got-married-way-too-young marriage failed. Like you, he was older than I was, and kept finding reasons we couldn't have a child right now. But in my case that was the least of our issues and it turned out to be a blessing that we didn't have any.
I remarried at 26, had 3 kids with him, and am happy.
o.O....
by Cara on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:17 PM
Lol, I would bounce so fast...
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:20 PM

Sounds like the two of you are on completely different pages.  Unless you can live the life he wants with peace in your heart, then you need to say goodbye and have the life that you truly want.  I wish you the very best!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:26 PM
If I was childless u wouldn't marry a man who wasn't willing to give me a child of my own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)