Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Butt Bleeding?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:55 PM
  • 27 Replies
So, my Father sent me a picture today of a toilet full of blood. Like a woman with a heavy flow that has just started her period type scene. He's a long haul driver and a workaholic so it is hard to convince him to see a doctor. I tried looking it up to try to scare him into seeing a doctor as soon as he gets back, but it says blood mixed with stool. There was no stool just complete blood, a lot of blood. I didn't want to post the picture as it is quite gross, but what would cause him to bleed like that? I need to get him to understand that he needs to see a doctor now and not wait.
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamamama00
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:57 PM
It could be any number of things but almost all of them are very serious. Send him a pic of a colostomy bag and ask him if he wants one of those for the rest of his life...
Happicamper
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:58 PM
Whoa, that is scary.
Could be large hemorrhoids rupturing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:58 PM
Could just be a hemmerode (sp?) Or signs of colon cancer. He needs a dr
zombiemommy7
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:59 PM
It could be something as small as an anal fisure to something as serious as cancer. Please convince him to seek medical attention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm an RN and have worked in the ER for many years. If I were a betting woman, sounds like he has a hemorrhoid that burst. He'll be fine. He needs to drink more water and eat better...more nutritious, fiber-filled food. We see this a lot and it's pretty much always a hemorrhoid. Uncomfortable, but not life-threatening.
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:00 PM
That's not good he needs a ER now so sad keep us updated please
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOM-RN
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:01 PM

Sounds like hemorrhoids. He should see his doctor. 

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:02 PM
I've been fighting him on eating better, even bought him an eliptical to help make it easier for him to be healthier. He's stubborn and thinks he's doing the right things. He always seems to have butt problems, but this is the worse I've ever seen it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm an RN and have worked in the ER for many years. If I were a betting woman, sounds like he has a hemorrhoid that burst. He'll be fine. He needs to drink more water and eat better...more nutritious, fiber-filled food. We see this a lot and it's pretty much always a hemorrhoid. Uncomfortable, but not life-threatening.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Food poisoning cann do it

143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Was it bright red blood? or dark blood? Either way, it's indicative of a GI bleed. He should seek medical attention..soon..if he blood count gets low enough he'll start having other symptoms and could pass out while driving which will affect his ability to drive long haul or carry a special license.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)