Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're so ignorant it hurts. Vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I was watching The Real Oneals with my dad. If you don't know the show, it's based around a gay kid who comes out to his verycatholic family. The mom struggles to cope. Anyways, my dad is homophobic. I was surprised that he liked this show. Then he said that this was just another scheme by the gays to make anyone who doesn't agree with them look stupid

Um, you DO look stupid. Homophobics sound absurd 99% of the time. I have never met one that does not spew off conspiracy theories like the one my dad came up with. I've never heard a rational argument from them that is backed by science and rational thought. They're never able to discuss it without going to extremes.

I'm a closeted bisexual, and this is why I'll probably never come out. I can't. The people in this town are just as homophobic as my dad. I hate it. Homophobia makes no sense and is so frustrating. Why would anyone choose to be gay? i'm glad I am bi, it makes it easier to keep this to myself.

Sorry, just frustrated. His comment set me off
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
curvygurl1912
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:02 PM

I love that show. Kenny is a doll. 

geeez
by Baroness on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:03 PM
No one chooses to be gay. And that's all I'm going ti say about it...
seximami111
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Move out of town and be the real you. I'm Bi and don't really care who knows, but my city is big and the people who matter don't care about my sexual orientation. 

jamamama00
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:04 PM
I fully support the lgtb community, but your dad has a point in saying that the liberal media often has an agenda in their programming....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I know. I love all of the kids.

Quoting curvygurl1912:

I love that show. Kenny is a doll. 

jws120567
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:06 PM

You definitely need to move out of that one-horse-town!  If everyone there is that ignorant, then you need a fresh start in a more open place! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:08 PM
Eh, for all the close mindedness, there's a lot I love about it. I used to live in a city where people were much more accepting, but I was miserable. I'm a small town girl. And moving wouldn't fix my family

Quoting jws120567:

You definitely need to move out of that one-horse-town!  If everyone there is that ignorant, then you need a fresh start in a more open place! 

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:09 PM
I like that show and I love the actress who plays the mom. She was great in Raising Hope too. My only issue is her accent. That is nowhere near a Chicago accent. It really bothers me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I like her too, and in raising hope. My dad watched that one and loved her too so I think that was the appeal of this one for him.

Quoting LilysMama719: I like that show and I love the actress who plays the mom. She was great in Raising Hope too. My only issue is her accent. That is nowhere near a Chicago accent. It really bothers me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)