Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And That's Why I'm Skeptical About Other Parents Around My Child.

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:28 PM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm not the kind of parent that will say yes my child can go over to your house without getting to know you for some time.

Everyone's household is different and some things I do not agree with. Therefore there's certain things that I don't want my child around or exposed to.

You may be comfortable smoking in front of your child but I don't smoke in front of my child. You may be comfortable watching movies full of sex and violence in front of your child but I don't do that in front of my child. And so on.

Are you carefree or cautious about your children going over to other people's homes?
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:30 PM
I'd say middle of the road
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:32 PM

Within reason. I don;t give a shit if someone smokes in front of my children

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
If my kids want to hang out with friends, they come here. I've had too many bad things happen in my life and I have zero trust for other adults. I don't even let my kids go to my brother's house to spend time with my niece and nephew.
LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:33 PM
Carefree. My kids are a little older and I have sent them off with friends having met the parents for the first time when I picked them up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Somewhere in the middle as far as going in other people's houses and such.  However, the kids ride their bikes to the park and often play with other kids in their yards without me speaking to the parents.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:35 PM
Its not really an issue for us, our social circle is made up of people we have lots in common with as far as lifestyle choices. I can't see being friends with people that are so different from us that I have to worry about my kids.
jbgnv11245
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:35 PM
I'm in between.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:35 PM
I don't like having my kid at other people's houses I prefer public places unless I really know the person.
curvygurl1912
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:36 PM

My dd is 15, she is plenty old enough to gauge her safety and act accordingly while staying overnight with a friend. We didn't start out with this level of freedom for her obviously, we gradually worked up to it. She didn't stay with any one overnight without me as a young child, and only started with people I trusted and shared values with when she started going to sleepovers, and now, she goes to friend's houses where I have met the parents but don't know them. She can handle it. 

Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:38 PM
Very cautious.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)