Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sorry but this isn't about you.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My brother passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago. When he was on life support we got to meet a woman that fancies herself as his girlfriend. She found us because my dad was trying to find another friend of his because even though we don't see her very often, the whole family knows her because she and my brother have been attached at the hip since they were teenagers. Anyway, the long story short is that the "gf" was fine and helpful until his bestie flew in on the red eye to be with him. Once she came the gf went nuts. Telling my parents she gets to make the medical decisions for him and that his friend is barred from the room. My parents had her removed.

We had his funeral last weekend and guess who showed up and demanded to be part of all family gatherings?! Yep. She argued with my mom, in public. She cursed out his friend, who kept her cool out of love for my brother and respect for my parents. Cray cray somehow figured out where my parents live and showed up with her kid! Telling that kid to call my mom grandma!

Yes, before anyone asks we called the cops. She was told to leave the funeral home and then arrested at my parents house. It's just been a weird couple of weeks. I talked to my brothers friend today and I said she is a better person than me. I wanted to lay that woman out! She said that she was sorry but it wasn't about her. That everyone that loved my brother has a right to grieve. I don't really have a point to this post but after writing it, I realize how much I wish he would have married his friend...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dandynorm
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:43 PM
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother.
Had he ever mentioned the girlfriend?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:46 PM
No. Not since he was in college. He had "friends"...LOTS of friends. The only constant woman that we knew about was the one my dad called.
143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:48 PM

Sorry for your loss. 

petramarie1
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:50 PM
Sorry for your loss ):
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:52 PM
So sorry for the passing of your brother hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CherrieFaeries
by Alice In Heathenland on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:52 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I bid you and yours well. May peace soon find you all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:52 PM
Thank you. He was a great guy, you know? A great big brother.
diaperstodating
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:54 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:58 PM
Sorry for your and your family's loss.
bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:58 PM

So, wait...is the child his?

She sounds crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)