Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My FIL is pissed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My FIL is pissed that my DH took my last name. We have been married for 3 years but it wasn't until Friday when our son was born that he found this out. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM
He'll get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:01 AM
Most men would be
jpickens
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:02 AM

My husband wouldn't go for that, so I get it.  But, if you and your husband agree to it...FIL might as well unbunch is panties over something that is none of his business.

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:04 AM
I can understand why.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Meh it is a name

momtoBrenna
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:38 AM

My friend's Dh did the same thing and his family disowned him for it. If my Ds wants to do that when he gets married, it is his choice. 

dandynorm
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Does he have a rare last name that he fears will die out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:40 AM

My DH couldn't wait to change his name. They are the only 2 in the area with the last name and my FIL wrecked it. 

Quoting jpickens:

My husband wouldn't go for that, so I get it.  But, if you and your husband agree to it...FIL might as well unbunch is panties over something that is none of his business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:41 AM

No his other son and grandson have his last name but they don't live around here.

Quoting dandynorm: Does he have a rare last name that he fears will die out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:41 AM
I wish I could have convinced my dh to make up a new last name with me. He didn't want me keeping my last name from a previous marriage and I don't like his dad or family and don't want to bear their name. I wanted us to just figure out a new last name entirely and start it for our own family. He has his last name tattooed in giant letters across his upper back though so he wouldn't go for it :/ I'm pregnant with our first kid now and I'm actually sad that our baby will have that last name.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)