Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think it's awful when men let their children live in poverty

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this
My husband and his ex have 2 kids together. She's always been a hot mess(since I met her), couldn't hold down a job, had to rely on friends and family to bail her out(financially, she's never gone to jail lol), dated losers who couldn't hold down jobs, etc.

So my dh has always had to pay a little more to make sure they aren't living in poverty with their mother. He pays what's required of him for CS plus more. It doesn't bother me. He's not supporting some woman, he's supporting the mother of his kids. When any of our kids are fighting/complaining about me or bm, he always says to them "you only get one mother so you need to treat her well". He's always respected mothers in general.

I think it's awful when I see women on here brag about their comfy life while their step kids only get a slice of that every other weekend. It's BS. I feel bad for those kids.

He wouldn't make his kids live in those conditions if he was around but since he's got a nice house to sleep in, who care what the kids get, right?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:04 AM

LOL Nope. Strongly disagree.

If it were that bad, instead of bitching about the father, you would simply support a more fair and equal court system that did not favor women over men.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:07 AM
Is your husband letting his first kids suffer?

Quoting This_Lady_KK:

If it were that bad, instead of bitching about the father, you would simply support a more fair and equal court system that did not favor women over men.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:07 AM
What do you mean?

I'll admit I'm not familiar with court stuff. Dh and his ex don't do anything through the courts anymore.

Quoting This_Lady_KK:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you. Thankfully I will never have to deal with those issues as I am, and always will be, married to father of all of my children.
This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:07 AM

He pays all of his child support and then some.

I simply don't hold men to a higher standard than women.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Is your husband letting his first kids suffer?
Quoting This_Lady_KK:

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:08 AM

It is both parents responsibility to support their kids. Mom is just as responsible for the mess.

This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:09 AM

I mean that it is proven that most courts in this country favor women over men. A woman could be living in poverty, on all kinds of welfare, have a proven history of violence and/or drug abuse and the custody would still go to the mother.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What do you mean? I'll admit I'm not familiar with court stuff. Dh and his ex don't do anything through the courts anymore.
Quoting This_Lady_KK:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:10 AM
That's good. Dh is the only person I have a child with and it will always be that way too lol however; mine just came with 2 already :)

Quoting Anonymous 3: I agree with you. Thankfully I will never have to deal with those issues as I am, and always will be, married to father of all of my children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:11 AM
Of course but there comes a point where if one parent is doing financially well, they need to make sure their kids are living the same life in both of their homes.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

It is both parents responsibility to support their kids. Mom is just as responsible for the mess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:11 AM
First kids should come first, IMO. If you can't afford for the first kids to have a nice life, then you shouldn't have more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)