Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thinking about getting my tubes tied

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:16 AM
  • 22 Replies

Had my 20 week scan today and learned I'm having another boy (that makes 3). I'm officially done ... and no I won't keep trying for a girl :) I'm going to be having a c-section due to previous 4th degree tears that required surgery and a emergecy section ... I'm considering asking them to tie my tubes while they're in there. However my mother (who is a medical professional) says that having your tubes tied can cause complications. Does anyone here have any tubal ligation stories either good or bad?

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NYmama96
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:19 AM
My tubal didn't work but that isn't the part the bothers me. Since the procedure I have the most horrible pain on my left side. It completely doubles me over especially during my period.

My ex-sil has the same issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:20 AM
My friend had it done as a separate procedure when her youngest was 2. No complications.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:20 AM

I'm getting  my tubes tied in June during my c section. I know several women who have had it done and none have had issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:23 AM
When I had my daughter they didn't do them in same procedure as c-section, but I guess sound may do it now. I had a neice that just had hers tied in a separate procedure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:24 AM
I wish I hadn't had my tubes tied. Before getting them tied I never once had problems but ever since I got them tied it has been nothing but problems. I get ovarian cysts that burst all the time. That is extremely painful. My right side is constantly in pain. Like something is stabbing me. The drs think I am making it up because there is nothing there stabbing me. The only good thing that came out of me getting them tied is that I went from having 5 day heavy periods to have having a period for a day and a half to two days that is so light it is barely even there.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:25 AM
I'm doing the same
courtAKAmommy
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:25 AM
I'm pregnant and was considering getting my tubes tied. I have done a little research and feel it would be better if my husband just gets snipped. It's a lot easier for him with less complications and if we decide to have more for whatever crazy reason it is easier to reverse him than me.
I have had many friends get the procedure done and have 0 issues.
Marie207
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:26 AM

Could you try a good birth control regimen vs, more surgery, that may not work?  Plus you just may feel different 5 years up the road and be blessed with a late baby, that little girl.  One girl in my office had her's tied and she got pregnant 8 years after.  I think she said they came loose.  She thought she was done. They are very, very happy with their late baby.  They are 40 and 42, not very late if you ask me, but who am I.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:27 AM
I was warned against it 7 months ago when I had my son. Didn't listen as a threw recovery took longer, the pain was more severe and 7 months later I'm still in tremendous pain. Not to mention 8 weeks pregnant.

I highly advise no no no no no
TG3
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:34 AM

DH is getting snipped as well ... we just thought it might be good to double up

Quoting courtAKAmommy: I'm pregnant and was considering getting my tubes tied. I have done a little research and feel it would be better if my husband just gets snipped. It's a lot easier for him with less complications and if we decide to have more for whatever crazy reason it is easier to reverse him than me. I have had many friends get the procedure done and have 0 issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)