Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Damned if I do...Damned if I dont

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
My entire pregnancy I haven't said anything to my ob/gun . I've ignored my pains, and even my aches, writing them off as normal pregnant stuff...it's my first baby, but I assume something aren't
serious.

(I am so much of an independent person in my health. I've been very sick quite a few times and it always lands me in the er/hospital.)

Now at 7months pregnant, things are getting to be a bit more noticeable

So for about two weeks my underbelly has been very tender even to touch. It lasted for about a week last week, but I ignored it because it hasn't been something that's to alarming. Figuring it was normal pregnancy stuff again, I just waved it off.

Now tonight it's worst than usual. It's truly bothering me to the point that my daughter has tightened up...she's doing so now as I type this

I have a Dr appt tom around 12:00, and I'm at work presently, but I just decided to call my Dr a let her know as off now (it's 1:00am) .

She's on call for tonight.. so when I finally get a hold to her.

She asks "Is this an emergency." I say I'm not sure and I tell her what's going on, and all she says is "If it's not an emergency you don't need to be waking me and family up. I will see you tomorrow."

I feel horrible for that, I'm just really uncomfortable at the moment, and when I've thought things weren't emergencies before I usually ended up in the hospital.

I didn't think it's be an absolute bad thing to let her know I'm actually concerned, it's no longer just me..

When I finally decide to voice my health, I get shut down. Damn if I do, and don't

Update 604am:

I have a tear in my placenta. It's not a large tear, but to ensure that it heals, and does not get worse they are monitoring it. I was admitted if anyone would like to send me chocolates..I am only joking...trying to keep a smile on my face.. though I'm not happy at all. My husband called out and is on his way up here.

That's about it. I guess I'll start searching around for a new OB. Not sure where to start as she's been with me this whole pregnancy

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this
If you're in that much pain run to the er. It's better to be safe than sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:04 AM
3 moms liked this
GET A NEW OBGYN
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:09 AM
How so? I can't go to the urgent care. I'm at work at the moment

Quoting Anonymous 2: Youre selfish for thinking something may be wrong and making it a personal issue instead of getting the help you need for your babies sake. Go to urgent care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:10 AM
I think it's a little late for that. I'm two months away from birth.

Quoting Anonymous 4: GET A NEW OBGYN
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:12 AM
It's more discomfort than pain. It just shows it ugly face whenever I have to get up and move around for work.

Being a nurse on a 12 hour shifts gives you little options for sitting and relaxing

Quoting Anonymous 3: If you're in that much pain run to the er. It's better to be safe than sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this
She was rude and unprofessional. I would want a new doctor and would go to the ER to be safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Troll

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's more discomfort than pain. It just shows it ugly face whenever I have to get up and move around for work.

Being a nurse on a 12 hour shifts gives you little options for sitting and relaxing

Quoting Anonymous 3: If you're in that much pain run to the er. It's better to be safe than sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:14 AM
I'm not trying to :( I'm sorry. I do that with my family too, I wouldn't even know how to get out of work, they'd need another nurse, or it'd be "patient abandonment." I did tell my charge nurse, and she had me relax for about 30minutes, but still tender. If it persists I have a leave early I can take

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ok keep making excuses. Not my problemo.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How so? I can't go to the urgent care. I'm at work at the moment

Quoting Anonymous 2: Youre selfish for thinking something may be wrong and making it a personal issue instead of getting the help you need for your babies sake. Go to urgent care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:15 AM
If you are a nurse could you contact the ob on call or go to the Er? It can be done. Get a floater or your charge nurse to cover for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:17 AM
What's a troll? Is that what underbelly pain is called? I've looked up a couple things actually before reaching out to her. I'm not sure what they name It. Sorry I'm not sure

Quoting Anonymous 3: Troll

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's more discomfort than pain. It just shows it ugly face whenever I have to get up and move around for work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)