Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to proceed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Ughhhh.

DH wanted a fixer upper. Three years in and nothing is done. We really don't have the money because he was out of work. He refused to do the repairs while he was at home.

His cousin is a carpenter and says he will do some things. Here enters DH.

He tells his cousin not to let ME low ball him and to charge his regular price. Fime. I told DH that he can pay the difference if he thinks a quote is too low.

He got huffy. I then said that his real issue is that his life is all fucked up. He isn't providing for his family as he should with his job and he is trying to control something.

I told him he needs to get his life together and start providing adequately. Then he can stop being so fucking touchy. Was I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:18 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:18 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:20 AM
I mean simple shit doesn't get done. The easiest task. He never has any money to live. He cannot afford to vacation so we are all supposed to stay home.

Fuck that

Quoting left.drowning: No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:21 AM
He wants to be the go between his cousin and I and he isn't paying for shit. He cannot pay for anything so he wants to comy role things from the sidelines

Quoting Anonymous 1: I mean simple shit doesn't get done. The easiest task. He never has any money to live. He cannot afford to vacation so we are all supposed to stay home.

Fuck that

Quoting left.drowning: No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:22 AM

Ya-I got nuthin'.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:24 AM
If I go on Craigslist and pay someone he gets upset. He wants the entire family to live in unfinished because HIS life is fucked up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:31 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:16 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:17 AM
He cannot pay the extra. He cannot pay fOR the basic repairs so he needs to just BE QUIET
Maime13
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:42 AM

It sounds like this a relationship with zero respect on either side. If you don't respect someone, you can't really like them. Why are you stinking around this long, married to someone you don't really like as a person?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)