Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son was contacted by his half brother apparently?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
He says he got a message on FB asking him if Derek Sheeps ( of course a Pseudonym) was his father. The person says he is also his father. I have been married for 13 years. My oldest is 20. He says he doesn't know how to feel or what he should do if anything. My Ex was never a part of his life growing up and he's said he wants nothing to do with his side of the family. What can I do to counsel, support or whatever right now? If you were me, what would you say or do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Allysha18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Id just be there to listen and be supportive. It's your ds choice. I wouldn't try to influence his decision
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:38 AM

bump

This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Just listen. Perhaps, suggest a DNA test. Just because I've been there before and it turned out, she was a psycho.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:45 AM

yeah I agree. In the past there was a child named Kari his father was claiming and turned out he wasnt the father

Quoting This_Lady_KK:

Just listen. Perhaps, suggest a DNA test. Just because I've been there before and it turned out, she was a psycho.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:45 AM

ty

Quoting Allysha18: Id just be there to listen and be supportive. It's your ds choice. I wouldn't try to influence his decision

jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM

Honestly your son is an adult.. the decision to meet or have any type of relationship with his father's side of the family is ultimately up to him.. and all you have to do is say as much to him and let him know that nomatter what choice he makes you will be supportive and it won't change anything about how you love him.

Let him know if he does decide to meet his half brother, that you'd be more than willing to be there with him if he wishes it.. and if he doesn't want to you'll still be there for him. Either way. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

true, thanks

Quoting jessi2girls:

Honestly your son is an adult.. the decision to meet or have any type of relationship with his father's side of the family is ultimately up to him.. and all you have to do is say as much to him and let him know that nomatter what choice he makes you will be supportive and it won't change anything about how you love him.

Let him know if he does decide to meet his half brother, that you'd be more than willing to be there with him if he wishes it.. and if he doesn't want to you'll still be there for him. Either way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)