Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this why I'm nothing?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I never dreamed of anything. I never expected to be any more than my mom. Just to have a few kids in a trailer with an abusive husband.

Did evert one else dream? Like being an astronaut or a doctor or something?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:33 AM
You don't have to stay that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:34 AM
I'm 51 now. It kind of is too late.

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: You don't have to stay that way.
Jovairia
by Fieryspirit on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:36 AM
If you're not happy with the situation then this is when you start dreaming and make it come true too . Never too late
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, honey!  It's far from it.  You have 2 or 3 decades of life left!!! Make them what you want them to be.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm 51 now. It kind of is too late.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:41 AM
You're never too old to turn over a new leaf.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi. I was in the same situation as you are now. I just turned 60. 3 years ago I kicked my then husband out of the house,enrolled in college,and have never felt as good about myself for doing it. I was married for 30 years to a abusive man, and all my kids are grown now. I deserved to be happy, and if I stayed with my husband one more minute, I knew he would have taken my soul. I have 2 more classes to take, and then I will proudly walk across the stage with a degree in Computer Technology. It is never too late to change your life for the better. I wish you luck, and hope you will find your way.

2m2t
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:01 AM
You rock, dear lady! Congratulations!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Hi. I was in the same situation as you are now. I just turned 60. 3 years ago I kicked my then husband out of the house,enrolled in college,and have never felt as good about myself for doing it. I was married for 30 years to a abusive man, and all my kids are grown now. I deserved to be happy, and if I stayed with my husband one more minute, I knew he would have taken my soul. I have 2 more classes to take, and then I will proudly walk across the stage with a degree in Computer Technology. It is never too late to change your life for the better. I wish you luck, and hope you will find your way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:03 AM
You bloodline must be healthier than mine.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:10 AM
Why would anyone think this is a troll post?

Quoting Anonymous 4: Cool troll post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:30 AM

it's harldy 'too late'...with that 'tude, yeah you'll stay a nothing...hell, i'm 51, and starting life over since the kids are grown, and i'm divorcing -- i couldn't be happier

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm 51 now. It kind of is too late.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)