Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sort of don't CARE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
DH says he really resents me. I don't care.

He is upset I guess because when we first married his kids were young and needed a ton of attention. I was working full time with a newborn. I said I wasn't doing a ton of babysitting and when he got them for extra time I'd go and rest as usual. Wtf.

So his ex got upset and dropped them off on us. I took them back to her.

That co parenting clusterfuck wasn't my circus.

Eventually, she got fed up with doing it alone and moved across the country. Again, he could have fought it but didn't.

So he basically resents ME for him not standing up for himself and his kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
When you marry someone with kids, those kids become your kids and deserve to be treated as such. You should have been willing to do whatever to help your DH have his kids more. If you didn't want to do that you shouldn't have married a man with kids.

I don't get this "Not my kids not my problem" attitude. They are kids. They are innocent. If you don't want to deal with it then don't put yourself in that position. I watch my stepkids from time to time rather than telling DF oh well guess you can't have them today because that's the right thing to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
You married a man with kids. You should have discussed how things would work beforehand. I feel sorry for all the kids. Not you. You suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My rules didn't apply to his kids. They didn't have to go to bed etc so I could rest. My responsibility was FIRST to myself. I must be well rested for work the next day. SECOND one must be ready to care for my child. If helping him interferes with that than so be it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: When you marry someone with kids, those kids become your kids and deserve to be treated as such. You should have been willing to do whatever to help your DH have his kids more. If you didn't want to do that you shouldn't have married a man with kids.

I don't get this "Not my kids not my problem" attitude. They are kids. They are innocent. If you don't want to deal with it then don't put yourself in that position. I watch my stepkids from time to time rather than telling DF oh well guess you can't have them today because that's the right thing to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:37 AM
That's too bad, those kids are paying the price. Sounds like BM wasn't an issue if she was willing to let you be a part of the kids lives. Unfortunately, the kids will likely blame you but you'll probably not be married much longer if he resents you anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:37 AM
So you are confessing that you are another selfish asshate losing at life. Shocking!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:37 AM
There is no one to pity. BM moved away because SHE wanted to move.

DH didn't fight it because he didn't want them.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You married a man with kids. You should have discussed how things would work beforehand. I feel sorry for all the kids. Not you. You suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:38 AM
You shouldn't have married a man with kids if you couldn't do all three. Plenty of people with more than one bio child do it all the time and plenty of them are also single with no help.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My rules didn't apply to his kids. They didn't have to go to bed etc so I could rest. My responsibility was FIRST to myself. I must be well rested for work the next day. SECOND one must be ready to care for my child. If helping him interferes with that than so be it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: When you marry someone with kids, those kids become your kids and deserve to be treated as such. You should have been willing to do whatever to help your DH have his kids more. If you didn't want to do that you shouldn't have married a man with kids.

MeaganP
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:38 AM
That why I would never marry any one with kids I wont want to deal with it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
She was looking for a babysitter. She wanted to pawn them off when she wanted. That's not okay with me

Quoting Anonymous 4: That's too bad, those kids are paying the price. Sounds like BM wasn't an issue if she was willing to let you be a part of the kids lives. Unfortunately, the kids will likely blame you but you'll probably not be married much longer if he resents you anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:39 AM
Oh, so you married a dbd and then reproduced with him. Cool.

Quoting Anonymous 1: There is no one to pity. BM moved away because SHE wanted to move.

DH didn't fight it because he didn't want them.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You married a man with kids. You should have discussed how things would work beforehand. I feel sorry for all the kids. Not you. You suck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)