Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Control

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
DH says I try to control everything but he thinks shit needs to go buy him.

He wants to be all in the home repairs because his friend is doing it. BUT I'M PAYING.

I told him to stay out of it unless he had some money which he does not. I'm tempted to simply go into my savings and pay someone else.

Every time I ask his friend who is a contractor for a quote DH and his broke add jumps in it. He then gets all puffed up.

Last night he called me at work and said to run any quotes by him first. I want him to stay out of it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:47 AM
You should be working on your marriage.
shiny76
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm sure emasculating him and making him feel like a "broke pos" helps so much, why'd you marry him if he's so broke and inadequate?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:16 AM
He needs to stay out of it.

He keeps threatening to tell his person NOT to do it.

I sAid on front of the guy that this is a transaction between he and I. When DH gets a better paying job and can help pay he gets a say.

He is always trying to block the repair. Work.

Quoting shiny76:

i'm sure emasculating him and making him feel like a "broke pos" helps so much, why'd you marry him if he's so broke and inadequate?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Aren't you a peach?
bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I never understood marriages with separate finances. Never seen a good marriage that does things this way.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You two still bang?

PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You should REPAIR your attitude, bro.

shiny76
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

oh it makes so much more sense now, and here i assumed when your married you share everything like money, a home, discuss things together as a couple that involve money and the home....guess I've been doing it wrong for all these years.... i shouldn't let my husband make any choices cause i make more money then him...you get why this sounds like your controling, and emasculating and pretty much treating your husband like a child right? your a couple! get your act together and work on your relationship and not the house....

Quoting Anonymous 1: He needs to stay out of it. He keeps threatening to tell his person NOT to do it. I sAid on front of the guy that this is a transaction between he and I. When DH gets a better paying job and can help pay he gets a say. He is always trying to block the repair. Work.
Quoting shiny76:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:25 AM
He is bad with money. He gambles etc. So I got a mortgage alone. He isn't on the deed.

So Im listed on all the financial. He has separate bills. I pay his bills with his funds. If he gambles it away then his shit doesn't get paid.

Quoting bigmouthbabe: I never understood marriages with separate finances. Never seen a good marriage that does things this way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:27 AM
He needs you just go sit down some damn where. Every time I hire a repair person. He is all in it. He refused to do the shit so he needs to leave it alone. He is trying to STOP repairs from being done. What the fuck.

Quoting shiny76:

oh it makes so much more sense now, and here i assumed when your married you share everything like money, a home, discuss things together as a couple that involve money and the home....guess I've been doing it wrong for all these years.... i shouldn't let my husband make any choices cause i make more money then him...you get why this sounds like your controling, and emasculating and pretty much treating your husband like a child right? your a couple! get your act together and work on your relationship and not the house....

Quoting Anonymous 1: He needs to stay out of it.

He keeps threatening to tell his person NOT to do it.

I sAid on front of the guy that this is a transaction between he and I. When DH gets a better paying job and can help pay he gets a say.

He is always trying to block the repair. Work.

Quoting shiny76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)