Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

jaw all swollen up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I have some broken teeth in the back that get infected every so often. I woke up this morning and my mouth is killing me and my jaw is all swollen up. Again.

I don't have dental insurance and we have zero extra money this month to do anything about it. So I get to just suffer through. Again.

Not a thing anyone can do about it and I really have no options right now to get it fixed so this is just a vent. I kind of want to cry right now. When this happens it ends up ruining 3-4 days for me completely before I goes away.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:51 AM

you know, a tooth infection can spread to your brain and KILL you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:52 AM
Doesn't change the fact that we have zero extra money this month.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:53 AM

Call your primary for an antibiotic. 

Find a dental clinic in your area that takes payments.

Find a dental school nearby and see if they can take payments.

Warm salt water every hour if you want.. Use the hottest water you can tolerate. Try to hold the salt water over the area for a minute then spit.  

Motrin and Tylenol

Best of luck you can get this taken care of quickly. 

TommyAbby
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:54 AM

Check to see if a local dentist takes Care Credit!! http://www.carecredit.com/ You can use this to see someone asap.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM

You say this keeps happening. Why haven't you made putting some money away each month to take care of this? I don't understand. How did your teeth break?  Accident?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM

And just think - whoever you leave behind will REALLY have nothing...

Quoting Anonymous 1: Doesn't change the fact that we have zero extra money this month.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:57 AM
Or your heart even quicker. How do you make it "go away" without treatment exactly?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

considering she said it's been an ongoing problem, one would think she would have planned accordingly to have it taken care of...but no...no planning ahead with this person apparently

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: Or your heart even quicker. How do you make it "go away" without treatment exactly?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:00 AM
I know what you're going through. Warm compress on your face. Call your doctor.
Mine has once or twice treated a "sinus infection" with something that would work on my teeth.
In the mean time, like the other poster said. Find a dental school. Kinda sucks. But they don't get to work the clinics until they have finished the schooling. And generally they work for free or cheap.
Sorry you're dealing with this.
lancet98
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:01 AM
There are free clinics for dental work for the poor. If you are not that poor you need to get dental insurance. And...news flash. Infections don't go away. They just eat further into the bone, sinuses, brain...

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have some broken teeth in the back that get infected every so often. I woke up this morning and my mouth is killing me and my jaw is all swollen up. Again.

I don't have dental insurance and we have zero extra money this month to do anything about it. So I get to just suffer through. Again.

Not a thing anyone can do about it and I really have no options right now to get it fixed so this is just a vent. I kind of want to cry right now. When this happens it ends up ruining 3-4 days for me completely before I goes away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)