Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too much, too fast.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

It rained last night. A lot. We went to walk down this walkway and almost had to swim out. We had water all in the control room and had to pull the cover off the drain so it didn't get into the motor control room with all the wires. I went back and took a picture after it all finally made it down the storm drains to show the difference. We actually ran out a back way and still hit ankle deep water. Plus it as still raining hard.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:51 AM
Houston?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:02 AM
Oh wow. Be safe!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:04 AM
Nope. Fort Worth and we didn't get the worst of it either. I think north of us did. Strong winds.

Quoting B1Bomber: Houston?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:08 AM
Yeah. Luckily it already drained off. We just got some flash flooding. It's not still standing here. Not that I know of. We didn't get it nearly as bad as north of us.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh wow. Be safe!!!
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:17 AM
We were in San Antonio just south of last year's crazy floods. Texas' switches from desert to flood always amaze me.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope. Fort Worth and we didn't get the worst of it either. I think north of us did. Strong winds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I remember that. They got hit hard. A lot of places did. We've been fortunate with just flash flooding. It doesn't come in and leave standing water for days and days. It just comes down so fast it floods for a bit. This particular area was obviously a low spot

Quoting B1Bomber: We were in San Antonio just south of last year's crazy floods. Texas' switches from desert to flood always amaze me.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope. Fort Worth and we didn't get the worst of it either. I think north of us did. Strong winds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:19 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:39 AM

Yeh- we're in Austin and it started POURING this morning.  Ugh.  There's just no place for the rain to go any longer because the lakes are actually full for a change.  

Oh - but the window washers are here at the building this morning - in the pouring rain.  Amusing.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:52 PM
Yeah you have it way worse than we do here in Fort Worth. We just had flash flooding is all.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Yeh- we're in Austin and it started POURING this morning.  Ugh.  There's just no place for the rain to go any longer because the lakes are actually full for a change.  

Oh - but the window washers are here at the building this morning - in the pouring rain.  Amusing.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)