Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe I didn't believe her.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My child is considered physically and intellectually special needs. This has been a source of anger for her, her whole life. She is attending counselling.

My cousin's daughter (her and her mom are living with us) is the exact same age as my DD and the exact opposite. She's absolutely gorgeous, popular, has all the boys chasing her - etc. DD is smarter (even with her disablities) but because she is limited physically she isn't as well liked. For some reason though - my cousin's DD is incredibly jealous of DD and my  DD has claimed for years that her cousin has been secretly tearing her down and calling her names like 'retard'. Admittedly - I saw through my neice's mask - and DD has been known to lie frequently and didn't believe DD. DD though has been physically lashing out at her cousin to the point where her mom told me that my DD needed to be committed. I spoke to my neice and asked her if she HAD been bullying DD (the frequent complaint being that she was being called a 'retard' by my neice), but neice maintained her innocence.

Today, it hit a low when my other sister walked down the hall and overheard my neice telling DD that she was ugly, stupid, retarded and that all she was good for was a quck fuck - and even then, they'd have to be desperate. Thankfully my sister intervened in time and all DD did was slap her across the face. I've given my sister and her daughter 30 days to leave my house, and have removed all their devices from our internet. I've told them that I will still cook for them and allow them to use my washing machine for those 30 days as my sister doesn't drive - but that until they apologise and my sister punishes her daughter adequetely, that they are not welcome to spend time with me and my family. I did punish DD for the slap - she's grounded with no electronics for a week - and is not allowed to attend her extras, but I did apologise to her sincerly for not believing her.  WDYT?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:29 AM
5 moms liked this
I think you're handling it well except if it were my dd, she would not be grounded for a week.
PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

That's fucked up. I wouldn't have punished her for the slap, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:31 AM
That's a tough situation. I would've 5 fived her for slapping that brat.
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this
I think you need to try again. You are obviously trolling.
curvygurl1912
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't get past you not believing your own child from the get go.

Nikidu
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:39 AM

I would've done everything you did, except the grounding. That's years of nonsense building up. All bullies get hit eventually.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:39 AM
Wow.

All I'm going to say is you failed.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:42 AM

Your sister, her asshole DD and their shit would have been on the sidewalk within an hour. That's BS her treating your DD so badly and mom letting her get away with it.  Go take your DD off punishment. She reached the end of her rope with your nieces insults and reacted as most of us would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:44 AM
I wouldn't have grounded her. That's really messed up that you didn't believe her and let it continue on for so long.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:48 AM
I agree with everything you did, except with grounding your daughter. She defended herself and your niece got what she deserved. I'm willing to bet she'll get quite a few slaps in the face if she's such a bitch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)