Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Today is my and DH anniversary. We don't make big deals out if anniversaries or our birthdays. So it wasn't weird for DH to go to work today. DH alarm starts going off at 4:15 am like every morning and like every morning he hits the snooze over and over. At 4:45 his phone alarm starts going off along with the alarm clock. At 5:15 I get up because I can't stand the alarms going off over and over again. It's not like I was going to be able to sleep anyway. BTW I refuse to be a mother to DH so if he doesn't get up that's on him. Finally at 7 am I get back from taking DS to the bus, I walk in the bedroom and say to DH "It's 7am, you're late for work, are you going to go?" He tells me "No I took today off for our anniversary" WHAT?? You let your alarm wake me up at 4 am when you took the day off and let it kero going off for an hour until I got up? And he wonders why I don't want morning sex right now. He is getting his ass up when the 3 year old wakes up and I'm going to sleep until noon. I feel better now that I've vented.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:12 AM

You would have felt better after morning sex too.  Just saying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Try to focus on what your husband did right instead of wrong. Sounds like you'd have a much better marriage
cookiemonster77
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I broke my dh of the multiple alarm habit. I think it's very rude to do that when there is someone in bed next to you who doesn't have to get up at that time. 

jabs54
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:21 AM

I wouldn't let my dh hit the snooze in the first place. Its not a matter of "acting like his mommy". Its standing up for yourself.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:24 AM
Lol, you're right but then so would DH and if I sleep first he suffers a little.

Quoting corticosteroid:

You would have felt better after morning sex too.  Just saying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:26 AM
I have a fantastic marriage. I can be a little irritated and cranky and still have a perfect marriage. DH gets on my nerves sometimes and I get on his, it doesn't mean we don't love each other and we aren't happy.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Try to focus on what your husband did right instead of wrong. Sounds like you'd have a much better marriage
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:27 AM
Eh, it's his process. I don't normally care. Today I'm a little miffed that he did it even though he didn't have to get up but it's such a small thing that I'll complain the once and get over it.

Quoting jabs54:

I wouldn't let my dh hit the snooze in the first place. Its not a matter of "acting like his mommy". Its standing up for yourself.  

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:28 AM
I wake DH up if his alarm is bothering me. He gets to work at 6 am. I got to sleep in for years.

I'd stay up and enjoy my day with my husband.

If this is an ongoing issue, talk to him when you are both calm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM
In all honesty I don't mind the alarms. DH is not a morning person so he needs the alarms. I was just a bit irritated that he didn't immediately shut them off today. Oh well, no use letting it ruin a perfectly good day. I'll go back to sleep for a couple hours and all will be right as rain. I just had to vent first.

Quoting cookiemonster77:

I broke my dh of the multiple alarm habit. I think it's very rude to do that when there is someone in bed next to you who doesn't have to get up at that time. 

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM
I would have had the morning sex and told him the best anniversary gift would be to enjoy a nap while he plays with the little one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)