Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The whole transgender/gender identification issue *EDITED*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Yes ...it is an issue. And it's sad. You may take offense to this post...so you were warned.

Science shows that this is an actual mental issue. And it really is upsetting that it is becoming a trend. It takes away from those who actually do suffer.

My DH dad (now a woman) has suffered for many years. He decided to take hormones and spend all of his money on reconstructive surgery. She still has issues. Many of her friends who have done the same or in the process have committed suicide. Yes! There is a high suicide rate! Mostly because they find after the changes they still do not feel right. It's really sad! His own father took his life when he was a child.

I don't think they are getting the help they need...obviously if the result is this extreme. And I can't tell you how pissed off I get when I hear or read parents encouraging young undeveloped physically and mentally children to identity with what gender they want. Not letting the children be children. Children are very impressionable.

These people need respect. They need support. They need help. IMO they do not need it to be normalized and trendy. That is dangerous! Dangerous to them and society...because of the predators.And I don't mean the transgender or those who identify with the gender they were not born with. Some may be dangerous...dont get me wrong. But let's be honest. We live in an unsafe world and these people/ or their conditions can be used or exploited.

EDIT: my DH dad believes he has given birth, breast fed and has periods. He is living in a fantasy world. How can you not see how this can be dangerous? He suffers from depression. He has no money. His friends are killing themselves. Is he next? Could be. His father killed himself when he was a kid. He could have an off day where he realizes that even though he took hormones, had his penis removed and grew some boobs that he really truly still is not a woman. THAT is the major cause of suicide among the transgender. And it's scary. But it's supposed to be just looked at like it's normal despite the mental suffering that is being IGNORED. Its dangerous to throw truth out the window! You cant completely ignore truth! THAT IS THE POINT OF MY POST! I'm not going to respond anymore. I know most will go straight to being on the defense. Hopefully some will see there really is more to this.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:23 AM

So....what are you actually suggesting here?  Because it's not that clear.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
You think it should be treated as a mental illness? Is that what you're suggesting? Or if not a mental illness, than a neurological illness?
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM
4 moms liked this
Um, no. They continue to have issues because SOCIETY DOES NOT ACCEPT THEM. Because society tells then they are screwed up and sick. If they become normalized and accepted, they can just go about their lives, being happy like everyone else.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM

What?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:32 AM
Society doesn't want to talk about the dark side of trans* issues. They only want to hear about little boys playing happily in dresses and perfect looking trans* marriages. I really wonder sometimes how much experience these people have with ACTUAL trans loved ones.
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:33 AM
I think her intentions are good in calling for respect and support, but her concerns are a bit misplaced because she thinks they need help for their "mental illness" rather than acceptance in society.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:35 AM
It IS a mental illness. A dangerous one! My DH dad believes he gave birth and has had periods and breast feeds. He has had many friends commit suicide. There is a whole side that others are not aware of.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You think it should be treated as a mental illness? Is that what you're suggesting? Or if not a mental illness, than a neurological illness?
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I wonder if this lady would think this was a mental illness if she could actually feel a penis that isn't there.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You think it should be treated as a mental illness? Is that what you're suggesting? Or if not a mental illness, than a neurological illness?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:37 AM
My DH dad thinks he has given birth, has periods and breast feeds. But there are days when he knows this is not true. There is a whole other side to this that others are not aware of. It has been scientifically studied and proven that it is in fact a mental illness.

Quoting SunshneDaydream: I think her intentions are good in calling for respect and support, but her concerns are a bit misplaced because she thinks they need help for their "mental illness" rather than acceptance in society.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:38 AM
i know and love an actual transgender person anon. I have known her since we were in kindergarten. Which for the record is about 30 years.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Society doesn't want to talk about the dark side of trans* issues. They only want to hear about little boys playing happily in dresses and perfect looking trans* marriages. I really wonder sometimes how much experience these people have with ACTUAL trans loved ones.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)