Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Second hand treatment

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I play golf which is a very sexist sport. The letters in Golf stand for "gentlemen Only ladies forbidden."
So I'm used to a bit of secondhand treatment out there. Even though I've been playing for 20 years and have a handicap of 6. Im a Better player than most men.

I recently went to a club starting time 8:50 in the morning with another woman.

The gentleman who sends people out on the course (the starter) told us it was a bit backed up and we would be going off late. Ok.

Other groups of four men were sent off in front of us about four groups.
The group 3 in front of us got paired up with a single making a foursome.
The group in front of us was a threesome who got paired up with another single guy making a foursome.
I asked those gentlemen directly in front of us what time their starting time was and it was 930.

Finally at 9:47 The starter sent my friend and I off as a twosome.

First, why wasn't a single (or both singles) added to our twosome to keep the pace of play?

Second, why were we sent out almost an hour late after men who had starting times way after us?

I like this course & I have friends who work there. think I should tell them? Some woman some day could really make a fuss!! The course should know they're opening themselves up by treating women this way.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:08 AM

I think you're looking for someone to agree that you should be that woman who could really make a fuss. 

lapcounter
by Race Mom on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:10 AM
I know some of the pigs at our golf course, I would be fine waiting and not playing a round with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:10 AM
Second-class? If you're going to complain, saying secondhand sounds weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:16 AM
I think you're just a person who gets off on being offended. I play golf several times a week. We live on the golf course. All I have to say is..."who cares?". Seriously. Grow up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:22 AM
If you can't take it, change activities. Or quit whining
CrystalSapphire
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:25 AM
They're trying to force you out without coming out and saying it.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:26 AM
The "gentleman only ladies forbidden" thing is a myth, golf comes from the Scottish word gouf, which means to strike. I know many fake golfers who have never been treated poorly. Your course may be sexist but it is reaching to call it a sexist sport. Talk to an employee if you have a complaint.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:28 AM

I think you mean second class treatment, not secondhand treatment.

Yes, I would tell them.

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:31 AM
It sounds like you're just trying to find a reason to complain. Being offended is a choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:35 AM
Yes that would annoy the hell out of me. I think it be more fun to show up with a giant group of women to make their entire golf course full of women. A female golf in…
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)