Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who would you prefer talk to your kid?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:50 AM
  • 42 Replies
My daughter is in middle school, and is being bullied by a high schooler. It's all over social media. My daughter blocks this girl but she creates new names. It's all over dance. My daughter was a younger dancer on a higher team and this girl was crazy jealous.
My daughter quit the studio, mainly because of drama and has moved on happily. She joined other things that she was too busy to do because of dance. For whatever reason the high schooler still fixates on it. Daily creating names to tell her she's a bad dancer or whatever.
Should I just talk to the girl myself as her teacher? (Yes she knows I'm the mom of the girl she bullies.) I can also give the screen shots to the assistant principal or the school police officer.
If I do it it may seem like I'm using my position to make her daughter uncomfortable, but if I go the regular route the girl may be suspended or expelled because we have screen shots of threats. (Which my daughter and I do not take seriously, but the school/police will.)
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:52 AM
I would take everything to the principal and the police!!
Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:53 AM
I would call the cops.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:54 AM
This is not a school matter.
MOM-RN
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I would go to the kids parents and talk about it. I wouldn't use your position as the teacher to talk to the girl. 

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:54 AM
I would go to her parents first with the proof of her behavior and let them deal with the situation first. If that doesn't work, then I would go to the school's authorities. If she gets suspended or expelled, tough. Those are the consequences of her actions.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:54 AM
I wouldn't get yourself involved like that, kids can turn situations like that around and make you out to be the bad guy. I would hand over the screen shots to the school and let them handle it.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you know the girl's parents? If I thought they were enabling their kid's crappy behavior, I'd probably just go straight to the principal. If I thought they would be likely to take action, I'd start with them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:54 AM
What's the age difference? I'd maybe go to the mom but if it continues, the school needs to be involved if your dd joins her in high school.

Eta: I'd prefer if you went that way. I'd want to know if my kid was being a jackass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:55 AM
Why did you let it go on so long? I would have taken it to someone long before my dd quit to get away from her.
jd83
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

If this girl is bullying her to the level that your daughter felt the need to quit the studio where she loved to dance, and is still being bullied daily, I wouldn't care if the girl got suspended. She's in high school. You know she is well aware of no-tolerance bullying rules that are in place. She doesn't care, and thinks she's immune to that. Sorry, that's not how it works, and she clearly needs a massive wakeup call about how wrong her actions are. I would go the regular route  for this type of behavior, if it were me. Turn in the evidence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)