Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have You Ever Been Sexually Assaulted And Not Repoted It?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM
  • 41 Replies

This may be a little TMI for some of you ladies, but I am one of those women whose nipples are always hard.  I had a bone graft on my left wrist.  The bone that connects your thumb to your wrist had gone gangrene because it had taken so long to get an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon.  Anyway my left hand and thumb were in a cast so that I could not use them at all.  Which meant that for atleast six weeks I couldn't wear a bra, I was twenty at the time. 

I live in a very small town, less that 1300 people and that includes everyone out in the county so it is about 900 in town, maybe.  Everyone has to get their mail at the post office, you live in the country.  It was just a week or two after my surgery that I went up to the post office to check the mail.  As I was walking in local man, kinda grungy, was walking out.  as we slid past each other he reached out and grabbed my nipple and twisted it really hard.  I was shocked and defenseless!  They had taken the bone from my hip, my wrist was still killing me and I was still weak.  I rushed passed him and checked my mail with tears in my eyes.  When I got back in my car I just cried.  I felt so dirty.  I felt like it was my fault.  Like if I had been wearing a bra, it wouldn't have happened.  If I had worn a t-shirt that wasn't so tight, it wouldn't have happened.  There were so many reasons that ran through my head that made it ALL MY FAULT!!

I will say that I was only two years out of a very abusive marriage and still beat down mentally.  I drove home and didn't leave the house for days.  And when I did, I went against my doctors orders and used my left hand and wore a bra.  I messed up my wrist and ended up having to have surgery again.  Even now, I will not leave the house without a bra.  The bras that I buy have a little padding so that my nipples won't show through them. 

That man still lives here and I see him once in awhile.  I bet he has forgotten that moment so long ago.

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM

Oh k, backing out of this one.

This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:02 AM

On multiple occasions. I'm really sorry this happened to you. Something similar happened to me when I was at a crowded bar once.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Yes, I have.

It wasn't your fault at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM
Really? That's sexual assault?

I was raped by an FBI agent when I was 17. Funny part is he was a child predator profiler. He got me drunk and gave me a ton of pills. I always justified it by saying he was hot and I did want the pills. Just not the sex. I never reported that.
PogoPalOj
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM

I know that NOW.  But I thought maybe my story would bring out others and help someone else.  Thank you for your support

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, I have. It wasn't your fault at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:08 AM
Yes. He raped me. I did not report it because I didn't want my kids to see their dad in jail and have to grow up with the knowledge of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Sexual assault encompasses more than just rape.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Really? That's sexual assault?

I was raped by an FBI agent when I was 17. Funny part is he was a child predator profiler. He got me drunk and gave me a ton of pills. I always justified it by saying he was hot and I did want the pills. Just not the sex. I never reported that.
PogoPalOj
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM

I didn't say it was rape.  Although I have been raped.  This WAS classified as a sexual assault.  I asked a cop one time.  I just said it happened to a friend.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Really? That's sexual assault? I was raped by an FBI agent when I was 17. Funny part is he was a child predator profiler. He got me drunk and gave me a ton of pills. I always justified it by saying he was hot and I did want the pills. Just not the sex. I never reported that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:10 AM
As a child but I didn't know I was supposed to tell anyone. Do you wish you would of called the cops?

The bad thing about not reporting is they get away with horrible behavior and they're going to do it again
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:10 AM

no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)