Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The seven year itch?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My dh have been less than interested in each other lately, no hate or arguments, we just don't talk anymore. We haven't had sex in a while and yesterday was the first time we have kissed each other in weeks. We have been together a little over 7 years now, and somebody told me that was why we are feeling like this. That every couple goes through this.

I know most of you have wonderful marriages, and I'm not saying mine is awful, just boring.

Have any of you felt like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM
Nope
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Yes I have 33 years invested. We have gone through highs and lows. Make time for each other ~ couple time , it's important.
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Take the bull by the horns. Grab his junk just for fun.
beeky
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM
Time to shake things up and reconnect.
Have a date night or take a walk and hold hands. If can, take a vacation or a weekend away.
boredhousewif83
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM
No, we went through one big issue at 3 years married after I miscarriaged and we never dealt with our feelings. Ever since then we have been good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:04 AM
It's not really the sex I miss, I was doing that for a bit but I just felt like I was using him almost. We have always been able to level with each other, always... Now it's like we speak a different language.

Quoting eyes4ears: Take the bull by the horns. Grab his junk just for fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:04 AM
You sound like you're in a rut. Go in date nights or date days! We've been together for 13 years and married for 11. We do these dates to keep the connection going! And we have a lot of fun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM
I know we are in a rut, and it seems like he's ignoring it and I'm making excuses not to fix it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You sound like you're in a rut. Go in date nights or date days! We've been together for 13 years and married for 11. We do these dates to keep the connection going! And we have a lot of fun!
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM
We have been together for 19 years and married 13 years. All marriages have up and downs. No we didn't have anything around the seven year itch. We have always and will always work thorough anything that comes up.

Start making time for each other. Alone time for a couple is important. Even if it's a run to the kitchen for a few mins of talking, hugging and kissing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:07 AM
A weekend away is exactly what we need I think. We haven't been "alone" for more than a day in the last 5 years.

Quoting beeky: Time to shake things up and reconnect.
Have a date night or take a walk and hold hands. If can, take a vacation or a weekend away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)