Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Argumentative people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I called a friend yesterday asking her for a referral for a repair guy. My current one is someone that helps her out too. He has created problems and won't return phone calls. She goes right into arguing how reliable he is and he "never" gives her problems.

It just got me to thinking. Why do people automatically turn to arguing their point when it's really not necessary? Like it is my fault that he is unprofessional. I was getting more upset by her comments then the fact that I had water all over my floor.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookiemonster77
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Why did you ask her for a new repair guy when she uses the same one you do? 

Flurffy
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she assumes that YOU assume she tolerates subpar work and/or his bad attitude. She's probably defending her own choices rather than the guy.

Maybe you shouldn't ask her for referrals lol...
MidnightBreed
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:19 AM

Quoting cookiemonster77:

Why did you ask her for a new repair guy when she uses the same one you do? 

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:21 AM
Is he family or really close friend?
Did she recommend him to you and doesn't want to be placed against him?
Maybe she likes him that much

I hate people like that too
Makes me think they aren't mature enough to have a decent conversation
momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:24 AM
I dunno. Ask my 8 year old. Last night she said "I just saw a shooting star!!" To which I replied "Cool!" Her immediate response was to say "No, I did! I swear!" I was like, Jesus, kid! No never said you didn't! She even argues with herself. It's ridiculous.
heathers77g
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:25 AM

I wouldn't have reached out to her for references to someone else for repairs when you already knew she used the same one that you didn't like. That makes no sense at all.

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:27 AM

Did you not expect her to defend him since she uses him, too? Sounds to me like she was only giving her experiences to maybe keep you going back to him.

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Why are you even engaging in that?
PolkaDots3220
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a friend like that- no matter WHAT I say or choose it didn't work for her because of "XYZ" or whatever.

It's annoying.
MidnightBreed
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Isee that alot here. Someone asks for opinions and advice then gets pissed when they get it or has excuses why it won't work for them. They emmake excuses followed up with ' you don't know my life but thanks for pretending like you do.' Lol so stupid

Quoting PolkaDots3220: I have a friend like that- no matter WHAT I say or choose it didn't work for her because of "XYZ" or whatever.

It's annoying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)