Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and the work place

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
So Im 17 weeks pregnant. I work for the county at the court house. So I sometimes stop and get breakfast. Apparently, people have been complaining that I eat a big breakfast at my desk. I work in child support and there are four of us in the division. We are an office within a office because we have to have a door since we have a safe with support payments.

Now my supervisor is saying no big breakfast. Acceptable are small sandwiches etc. Thing is I really don't eat breakfast sandwiches. they are nasty and they don't fill me up. and they make me sick.

One coworker told me to get a note from my doctor.

My supervisor DID NOT go to our boss about this. Our boss is the circuit clerk

Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeHope
by Jade on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:31 AM
4 moms liked this
Eat before you go to work like most people do. There is no reason for you to be eating at your desk.
MOM-RN
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Eat a big breakfast at home. Problem solved. 

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:33 AM
Either eat at home, or leave early enough to eat before you go into the office.
djsmommy13
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Umm this. Why do you think that you should be able to eat a whole meal at work? I get you're pregnant but that doesn't mean you need to eat all day long

Quoting JadeHope: Eat before you go to work like most people do. There is no reason for you to be eating at your desk.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:35 AM
4 moms liked this

Find something smaller to eat at your desk or save the bigger breakfasts for before work.

I'd be curious to see a note written by the doctor of a pregnant woman--"Please allow Suzy to eat a big breakfast at her desk as she is pregnant and gets to break the rule on large quantities of food at her desk." ;)

PolkaDots3220
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:36 AM
I don't think eating at a desk is appropriate at all- big or small. Eat in the car in the parking lot before going in or eat at home. That's what I have always done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:36 AM

If you are allowed to eat at your desk and you are keeping your area neat, I don't see what the issue is.  If food is stinking up the office, the only fair thing to do is make a rule stating no food in the workspace. I'd either talk to your boss about this and risk losing the right to eat in the office, or eat before work if you can't bring something "suitable" where the smell won't upset others.  If you see clients in the office, eating in the workspace isn't professional so maybe that is part of the issue. An accomodation would cover more frequent breaks to eat, not give you the right to eat at your desk.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Eat before you get there like most people.  You don't get a pass because you're pregnant.  Most places don't allow food anyway.  It gets all over the paperwork and makes it nasty.  Ick.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Eat before going to work. A lot of places have a rule about not eating at your desk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Eat before work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)