Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you go to the gym on your period?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Im on my period it's like halfway heavy...anyway I put in a regular tampon
Does working out make you bleed more ? I usually dont go on my period but im fat as hell and need the workout.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM

I don't go to the gym at all.  Knowing my personality, if I did go to the gym regularly, I'd probably use any excuse I could to not go and period makes a good one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM
I don't go to the gym period.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:57 AM
The gym.....lol. Lololol. Hahhhahhha

No.
I'd rather sleep
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:57 AM

I usually skip one or two days at the gym when it's the worst, but I try to go after that. I usually do a lighter workout and wear black pants, but I've never had anything happen. It helps me feel less bloated and icky usually.

Lynette
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Mobile Photo

Go! Google gym period for some inspiration. Here is a snip of one if the articles that popped up when I did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:58 AM

My birth control stopped my period 4 years ago but I always went, period or not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:58 AM

There's no gym here, we live in a tiny town, so I have a treadmill here at home.  I still get on it when I'm on my period when the cramps aren't ripping me apart.  There's a good one or two days though that they are bad enough it's all I can do to get through the day.  I've always heard exercise helps but it hasn't for me so I gave up on the idea.  Exercise haven't lessened the symptoms for me at all, just more proof everyone is different.

wulfeyes05
by Bigby Wolf on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:02 AM

I don't go at all lol I just work out at home and haven't noticed bleeding anymore than usual.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM

I don't go to the gym but I walk a lot. I walk about 35 minutes one way walking up and down a hill twice a day. I still walk when I'm on my period.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:04 AM

I only go to the gym twice a week and so far it hasn't landed on my gym days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)