Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Silly little things you did as a kid and still do as an adult. ..

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:01 AM
  • 40 Replies
For example, every time I eat an apple I recite the alphabet in my head while twisting the stem off, because the letter I end on is the first letter of my future husband. =p

Or do you follow a superstition even though you know it's not true? I always have to touch a cute baby (with permission!) So that the baby doesn't get evil eye! Lol!
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I pick all the marshmallows out of the lucky charms box and leave the shitty plain cereal for someone else to eat
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I eat the plain cereal first then the marshmallow last when I lucky charms I still do.
pumpkinheart
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Soooo funny that you both replied about Lucky Charms! =D
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I do the alphabet thing too lmao. Also, when we're going down the road I have to count the power lines. I've done this my entire life as far as I can remember. The touching a child to protect them thing was so strange to me at first when I moved here but I actually love it. It's very sweet.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I also twist the stem off the apple. I still sing to myself or twirl and leap around the house when I am happy.

MsJollyGiant
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I take the cheese off of pizza and eat the cheese last.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I refuse to eat green beans in public....when I was a kid, I hated them so my grandpa told me to eat them with my fingers. They would taste better! Drove my mom crazy, but she let me when we were at home. Im 35 and I still won't use a fork.
pumpkinheart
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:02 PM
I'm sure they do taste better when you use your hands! I'm gonna have to try this bc I'm not a green bean fan.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I refuse to eat green beans in public....when I was a kid, I hated them so my grandpa told me to eat them with my fingers. They would taste better! Drove my mom crazy, but she let me when we were at home. Im 35 and I still won't use a fork.
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I still sing twinkle twinkle little star, twice, when I'm brushing my teeth and now my kids do it too.
pumpkinheart
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM
My sis n law grew up in Montana and moved to the valley (in texas) with my brother. Talk about culture shock! She thought it was strange at first, too.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I do the alphabet thing too lmao. Also, when we're going down the road I have to count the power lines. I've done this my entire life as far as I can remember. The touching a child to protect them thing was so strange to me at first when I moved here but I actually love it. It's very sweet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)