Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He won't poo (need dog training advice)

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM
  • 3 Replies

This is Ollie not pooping in the back yard. Lately he hasn't wanted to poo outside at all. This has been happening for about a week and a half now. I'm asking for opinions.

Right now I am following the advice of the trainer we are working with : take him outside every ten to fifteen minutes. He gets two minutes to potty, if he didn't, back in the crate. Repeat until he poos. Once he poos, give him treats, some off leash fun outside. Let him roam in the house until it is time for him to go again. Rinse repeat.

As a result Ollie has been pretty much living in the crate. He just won't go outside. It is driving me batty. I took him to the vet and she says everything is good. I can tell he needs to go. Sometimes he will start squating as son as we get inside, and he will try to go then. I tell him no and run him outside and he just will not go.

This is driving me crazy.

Advice?

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cookiemonster77
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Give him wet food to help him have to go? Maybe he won't be able to hold it in as much.

Kleotide
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Yeah, my husband is joking about slipping him doggie laxatives.

Quoting cookiemonster77:

Give him wet food to help him have to go? Maybe he won't be able to hold it in as much.

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:29 AM

Train him to go on a pad inside.  Move the pad as close to the door as you can.  Then, try putting the pad just outside the door.  Inch it further from your house until he's going in the yard, on the pad.  Then, you can try taking the pad away.

Alternately, pick a sunny day, give him the doggy equivalent of prune juice, and let him play until the inevitable happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)