Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Induction tomorrow any tips?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I go in at 7am.
I know I'm getting the epidural.
I know my water will be broken by my doctor at 4CM.
I was at 1 and a half Monday, 40% effaced so I'm expecting this to take forever but I'm 43 weeks lol it's so time!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:30 AM
It's been time for that baby to come out...be patient sometimes things don't go as planned...Good luck and I hope you have a easy delivery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:34 AM
My doctor pushed for a induction at 39 weeks due to a big baby(he was 8 pounds according to a ultrasound at 36 weeks) I said no way...

Then at 40 weeks she pushed again I said no... I told her 43 weeks so she told me I'm basical getting a csection because the baby will be "way to big" for me to deliver 🙄🙄🙄 she was so good my whole pregnancy until it came to delivery.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's been time for that baby to come out...be patient sometimes things don't go as planned...Good luck and I hope you have a easy delivery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:35 AM
Go poop in the morning before if you can. It'll make things feel more comfortable
jamminjules
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:36 AM
Do not let your doctor break your water, especially not at 4cm. That's just asking for a cesarean.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:38 AM
My body stalled at 4cm exactly all 4 of my other pregnancies but once my water was broken I shot up to 10 and delivered 2-3 hours later... I we tried waiting it out my last pregnancy and I was stuck at 4cm for 28 hours... Nothing my body doesn't budge lol.

Quoting jamminjules: Do not let your doctor break your water, especially not at 4cm. That's just asking for a cesarean.
Chelsey191
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM
😯. My water broke first. I wasn't dialated anymore then 1 cm and that was only because I lost my plug. I didn't get a c-section.

Quoting jamminjules: Do not let your doctor break your water, especially not at 4cm. That's just asking for a cesarean.
jamminjules
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Okay?

Quoting Chelsey191: 😯. My water broke first. I wasn't dialated anymore then 1 cm and that was only because I lost my plug. I didn't get a c-section.

Chelsey191
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Just pointing out, that you are wrong and you shouldn't try to scare someone with false info.

Quoting jamminjules: Okay?

Quoting Chelsey191: 😯. My water broke first. I wasn't dialated anymore then 1 cm and that was only because I lost my plug. I didn't get a c-section.

MOM-RN
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:45 AM
I would hold off on breaking your water until around 7 cm. I was induced at 41 weeks and immediately went into massive contractions and delivered 12 hours later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:45 AM
Good luck! My induction was the most traumatic experience of my life because my body wasn't ready (39 weeks)

I hope it goes fast for you and baby ❤️
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)