Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got in touch with my father finally

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I remember when he left. It was the night before my first day of kindergarten. I don't remember what happened but he left and my mother called the police scared. I remember showing the police woman my new backpack and dolls. And that's the last memory I have before meeting up with him the other day.

He said my mother gave him an ultimatum between us and the drugs and alcohol and he felt the choice was an easy one. I asked him if he felt he made the wrong choice and he said no because he would have hated having children ruin all his good years and sucking up his hard earned money.

I should have listened to my mother and left it alone but I was upset to learn he lived just a few streets away and never bothered to say hi
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tsatske2
by Latricia on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:37 AM

I'm sorry, dear. I'm sorry he never grew past that so that it could be different now than it was then. You're much better off letting him go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:40 AM
It's hard to believe someone can up and leave their kids so.easily and no regrets

Quoting tsatske2:

I'm sorry, dear. I'm sorry he never grew past that so that it could be different now than it was then. You're much better off letting him go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)