Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

something to think about

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:59 AM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
Online bullying is serious. I think when we are talking to someone we never met it's easy to forget they are just as real as we are and they have feelings too. Sometimes they are just looking for support and advice and may have no where to turn. I would never want to to be that person who takes away someone's hope and makes them hurt themselves or take their own life.
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree A 100%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:01 PM
I don't forget there are humans attached to online personas.
deborah50
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:02 PM
I agree but I bet there's a lot in here that will bash you for this. It's sad
sonnyswoman75
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:03 PM
That's good. I know some people do. It is like they love bashing others with problems I would rather help a person solve a problem.

Quoting redneckmama4: I don't forget there are humans attached to online personas.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:03 PM

Thats why I DONT go out of my way to be a bitch on this site and other sites. There is just no need for it.

ETA- DONT. OMG I just realized I didn't type DONT.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM
I don't understand it. It hurts me when others are hurt, I certainly don't want to be the cause of it.

Quoting sonnyswoman75: That's good. I know some people do. It is like they love bashing others with problems I would rather help a person solve a problem.

Quoting redneckmama4: I don't forget there are humans attached to online personas.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM

I understand where you're coming from however, what do you constitute as bullying or bashing?

Honestly and this has been said many times here---if someone is looking for support, MC is really not the place to find it. Now, that's not to say great advice isn't given here or can be found in this group, but with introduction of the "anon" feature, CM opened the door for posters to not have to use their know s/names to really unleash their nasty sides. 

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Should be common sense.
sonnyswoman75
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:07 PM
There isn't no need but how can we truly stop online bullying. It's a fact of life these days. I know two teens that both took their life because of online bullying that should never happen.

Quoting Seagodess: Thats why I go out of my way to be a bitch on this site and other sites. There is just no need for it.
momngram
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:09 PM

Do you have an example of something that happened here?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)