Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I forgot how much long division sucks

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM
  • 2 Replies
So I decided to start this morning off playing math games with DS on the computer.

DS is working on math facts. He is great at math concepts. But he tries to count on his fingers or just takes a long time with spitting out those facts.

I decided to play the game in two player mode.

I was able to adjust the settings so that DS had the easy problems and I set my level at super hard.

Of course I've never played the game at super hard mode.

The addition and subtraction were of course super easy (4 digits). Even DS solved a few of the problems. The multiplication wasn't even THAT bad. But man... I forgot how much I HATE freaking long division.
4-6 digits numbers divided by 2-3 digit numbers.

But it has been a LONG time since I've done long division. Since middle school I've always just used a calculator.

On top of that the point of the game was to score as many points as possible in a certain time frame. DS kicked my ass.

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
poietes
by Laura on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:16 PM
Lol, I used to sit in my college bio class and do long division problems for fun because I was bored out of my mind. I would make them up and do them. Just curious, what is this site? It sound like some my and my math loving boys would like.
SapphireMom911
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Funbrain. Haha it's been around forever.

We just played a variety of the games

Quoting poietes: Lol, I used to sit in my college bio class and do long division problems for fun because I was bored out of my mind. I would make them up and do them. Just curious, what is this site? It sound like some my and my math loving boys would like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)