Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A teacher at dd's school was arrested

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:36 PM
  • 15 Replies
She wasn't dd's teacher, but she knew her. There's a girl dd is friends with that lives on our street who had her. She's a 6th grade math teacher. She got arrested in another state last weekend because she was meeting up at a hotel to have sex with a 13 year old boy. She met the boy in elementary school where she was a student teacher.

And our county put her on administrative leave with pay. Why is this woman still being paid?ugh.
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Innocent until proven guilty that's why.
MOM-RN
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Because teachers unions are strict and they make it nearly impossible to fire teachers. 

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:38 PM
Yep this. It's disgusting but the school district is doing this to keep from being sued if she is acquitted.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Innocent until proven guilty that's why.
Fuzzy.Tendrils
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:51 PM
So far I know they found nude pics she sent to him and saw where she asked him to send her some. It was in the news article. The police knew about it before she got there and I think arrested her at the hotel. The kids at school said she told them last Friday that she would be out Monday because she was going to visit family out of state.

If she's acquitted, I'm sure there will be an uproar from the parents if she keeps her job.

Quoting DensHag: Yep this. It's disgusting but the school district is doing this to keep from being sued if she is acquitted.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:54 PM
I saw that on the news! Wasn't she the one crying in her mugg shot? I laughed when I saw it.
Mama8080
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:56 PM
Admin pay with leave is the kiss of death. 99 times out of 100 it means you're getting fired.

Creep. Nothing attractive about little boys. Ick
Fuzzy.Tendrils
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:57 PM
She was! I hope she goes to jail, but the way things go around here she probably won't.

Quoting KendallsMommee: I saw that on the news! Wasn't she the one crying in her mugg shot? I laughed when I saw it.
CCMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:57 PM
There are hundreds of teachers on paid admin leave bc of issues like this. Its absurd.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:01 PM
The school can still do their own investigation and fire her but it will take a little while. The teachers unions tend to be strong and that's why stuff like this (her not being immediately fired) can happen.

Quoting Fuzzy.Tendrils: So far I know they found nude pics she sent to him and saw where she asked him to send her some. It was in the news article. The police knew about it before she got there and I think arrested her at the hotel. The kids at school said she told them last Friday that she would be out Monday because she was going to visit family out of state.

If she's acquitted, I'm sure there will be an uproar from the parents if she keeps her job.

Quoting DensHag: Yep this. It's disgusting but the school district is doing this to keep from being sued if she is acquitted.

terra221
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:10 PM
It is stories like these that convince me that I should never own a gun. I have 15 & 12 year-old sons and I would go batshit crazy if something like this were to happen to them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)