Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeah, this bothered me...

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm not a super religious person, but this situation bothered me.
We had an annual inspection today,(privately run preschool) and in doing the inspection, the woman told me a piece of art work done by a student had to be removed. It was a collage a little girl made of her favorite things, one of the pictures she cut out was a church where the doorway is in the shape of cross. The girls family is religious and attend worship services every week.
We consider ourselves diverse, and accept people from all backgrounds, and the displays in the classroom show people of all races, genders, abilities, and we have photos displayed of multicultural things. We have photos of a Buddhist temple, mosques, ect.
So what is wrong with this girl expressing that she enjoys going to church in her artwork??? It wasn't as if we had banners saying "worship God or burn in hell!!" I have no issues with it as the owner, we have children who are christian, athiest, jewish, muslim, etc..so why was it an issue for her? Odd.
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:25 PM
So they were okay with the pictures of the Buddhist temple and mosque but not okay with the church?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:29 PM

Because it's PC now to be against Christianity.  I'm not even what anyone would call a practing Christian and I see it all the time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Child care licensing it typically facility related...I'm surprised they were looking at things unrelated to health and safety.

lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:39 PM
It's for our 3 yr. Star rating, they look at everything

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Child care licensing it typically facility related...I'm surprised they were looking at things unrelated to health and safety.

lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:40 PM
Ikr? My assistant made a good point, maybe it was the fact that the picture showed the cross, vs. The other pictures only showed the building?

Quoting Anonymous 1: So they were okay with the pictures of the Buddhist temple and mosque but not okay with the church?
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:48 PM

No it is not "pc" to be against Christianity.  You don't have a clue.  Don't be more silly than you have to be.  THe lady was ridiculous in making that request.  Some people cannot understand the difference between pushing religion and allowing benign religious expression.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Because it's PC now to be against Christianity.  I'm not even what anyone would call a practing Christian and I see it all the time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)