Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you return it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
WhenI got home from grocery shopping this morning and was putting everything away I saw a bag of items that weren't mine.
It was:
pack of turkey bacon
Pack of Ham
Small bag of frozen corn

I honestly didn't feel like going back so I kept it. Not a biggie the bagger made a mistake. Now if it had more items or baby things I'd go back but for those small 3 things I thinks it's ok so just keep it.
What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:11 PM
I would return it.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I would probably call the manager & let them know & ask if I should bring it back. I have a feeling they would tell you to keep it anyway because I don't think they can resell it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:13 PM
I would least call
squeekers
by squeekers on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:13 PM
It doesn't take a lot to call the store back & say "some how I get 3 random items in my pack. Whatcha think I should do?"
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:14 PM

I'd take them back, but honestly the person who was shorted the items will be able to get them from the store anyway. Your call.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Was it on your receipt? Did you pay for it? If you paid for them, then I wouldn't bring them back. But if you didn't pay for them, I definately would bring them back. I didn't buy them, they aren't mine. 

AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:15 PM

I'd keep if... if you brought it back, my bet is they'd have to toss it out anyway because its refrigerated food items... I don't think they'd put them back on the shelf. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok I just called the manager said not to worry about it. Those items will not be able to resell. The customer will be given her new items when and if she returns.
mommy404204
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:16 PM
I would at least call.
GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:17 PM
I would call the store and let them know of the error for the sake of the other party in this mix-up, the customer that didn't get all that for which they had paid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)