Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help, my kids are getting bullied because of their race.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
So my kids are mixed race. One of my daughters look white, the other looks more Latina.

My one daughter who looks Latina gets comments about she will grow up to be a maid. Or about how she should get me to make the guy a tamale. Another person told her she's going to end up in a gang and pregnant at 15. All of this even though she's never gotten in trouble, she tries very hard in class.

My daughter who looks white, she gets told that she can't be that intelligent. She's in at Pre-AP classes and her classmates say that since she's white there is no way that she can be making straight A's. And z another classmate was not allowed to come to our house to do a school project because she's white.

I keep telling them that they are beautiful, smart, independent young women. I tell them that there are many ignorant people out there, and to just ignore them. I contact the teachers, the principle, but they have just said that if the child doesn't come and tell right away, they really can't do much on hear say.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2016 at 6:53 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2016 at 6:56 AM
Wow, sorry.
My kids are in such a mixed school, we're white and honestly, we're the minority.
None of the kids get made fun of because of their race here. (NY)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 22, 2016 at 6:57 AM

Sue the school. Then they'll take action. 

momof3inct1967
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2016 at 7:00 AM
That's awful so sorry! What state is this?
You'd think at this point kids would know better- but it must be what they're learning at home 😞
Momoffour83
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2016 at 7:04 AM
Go to school bOard; they're there for a reason
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 22, 2016 at 7:04 AM
Wow this was written 2 days ago.

it'sfunny because if this was a post about a black girl being bullied because of her race.. There would have been 1000 comments..

LOL
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 22, 2016 at 7:06 AM

You tell the principal that he/she is required to take action no matter how long it took the child to come forward with the complaint and he/she won't do her job then you will go to the superintendant and file a complaint about him/her not stopping the bullying of your two children and if necessary get a lawyer involved.  Tell the principal that he/she is bound by federal law to address every incident of bullying. And since the bullying involves racism, you should call the ACLU for guidance.  

If your girls have smart phones, tell them to put their phones on record to record the bullying.  

bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 22, 2016 at 7:08 AM
Teach them to let it go or tell someone. This isn't a staff issue or school board issue as suggested and certainly not sue worthy. No wonder why schools are deteriorating. Kids get mean things said to them. It's life, teach them how to live that life and keep it moving.
Nikidu
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2016 at 7:10 AM

My kids are black and white and we live in a majority black neighborhood. They put up with this crap right up until DD decked a kid. Kids are little assholes and they'll find SOMETHING to be little assholes about no matter what. Just keep telling them how awesome they are and try to keep that crap from following them home. 

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Apr. 22, 2016 at 7:12 AM
Odd. Doesn't happen here. Most of the AP kids are white and all of our national merit scholars are white females.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)