Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so freakin' frustrated!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Last week, my washer stopped working and gave me an error code.  I researched it and found the part that needed to be replaced.  Turns out, instead of being able to replace the one part, my washer is old enough that I had to replace the entire assembly (to update it; it was the right part for the updated kit).  I had to order the assembly, but wasn't able to get it until today.  I picked it up, brought it home, and installed it.  The basket will spin now (which is more than it would do before), but it won't speed up and it is giving me the same error code!  I can't find any information on what else I would need to do to get it to work.  And in the meantime, laundry is just piling up and I have no way to wash it.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:52 PM
Bleh! I hate washers. We just use the old water hog washers. They seem to work better.

Have you tried calling the mfgr and see if they know what else it could be?

I hope you figure it out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:54 PM
Oh, I'm sorry.

My friends two waking machines broke down on her. They were doing laundry at the laundry mat (6 people adds up a lot of clothes) So she bought one off of letgo...

To find out that she needs to replace a pipe or something. The estimate is $6,000! It was installed in '55, so it's needed but they are on a limited income and have no way to pay that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:56 PM
I would just buy a new one. I'm too lazy to try and fix shit.
K3412
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:59 PM

Sounds like it may be time to get a new washer. You can always take your clothes to a laundry mat in the mean time, or ask a friend or family member if you can borrow their washer to do a few loads. I lived for years without a washer and had to make do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:30 PM

So, I went to check all the connections again.  It seems that the hose that is attached to the wires had detached when I put the UI back on.  I connected it and tried to run diagnostics on it, but it was still giving me the error code.  I found a guide to reset the washer, but when I did what it said I wasn't getting the results it said I should get.  I don't know what I did, but I was able to get it to run through a drain/spin cycle without throwing codes.  Since it leaked, I'm running the soaked towels I used through a rinse/spin cycle to see if we're still good.  After that, I guess I'm going to try washing a load.  I think that I may have it fixed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)