Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want my stbx husband back!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
I found out in December of last year that my dh cheated on me. We've been married for 7 years together for 10 and I've been friends with him for about 10 years before we started dating. We also have a 6 year old ds.

When I found out he cheated, I was hurt and angry and told him I wanted a divorce. He's been out out of the house for almost 4 months and I know he's dating some girl (he says it's not the one he cheated with.) I think he may be in love with her.

How can you love someone after a few short months when we have a family and so much history?! I miss him like crazy and I want to work on our marriage but this slut is in my way! Am I crazy? I need advice please. How do I get him back or do I just leave him alone?

UPDATE: This is certainly not a legit reason but I sort of know what made he cheat. I had a big surgery 2 years ago and became addicted to the prescription pain meds. We rarely had sex and our communication sucked. I went for help even before he cheated and had been clean but the damage was done. He should have been a man, sat me down and talked to me though. Still, I just cant help but think we are both at fault. Maybe that is whats hurting the most?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:58 PM
5 moms liked this
You miss the man that you thought he was not who he truly is.
Mrs.ChuckBass
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:59 PM

bang head on keyboard

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:00 PM

One woman's trash is another's treasure. You booted him, he's left and moved on. You got what you wanted, pull yourself together and move on yourself.

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:00 PM
Tell him you want to try dating each other again, see if you guys can work things out, but you want to be exclusive.
Sheila79
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Leave him
woodswalker
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I would just leave him alone. I would never want a guy i had to cry and beg and fight for. I would never want a guy who didnt truly madly deeply love me back
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:01 PM
Have you told him you want him back? And if so what did he say?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Walk away.... its not worth it. Take time for yourself and get the process of divorce going so you can heal..... He has obviously moved on.... he moved on before you even told him to get out.... there is no turning back for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:01 PM
This x 100

Quoting woodswalker: I would just leave him alone. I would never want a guy i had to cry and beg and fight for. I would never want a guy who didnt truly madly deeply love me back
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM

im sorry thats a tough situation. have you told him how you felt? once you put it out there its in his court. me personally i would make him jealous and tell him im dating watch how fast he starts chasing you down. i would probably be like hey i wanted to talk to you about DS and when he tries to make a plan if thats the type of guy he is be like oh im so sorry can we reschedule for tomm i promised my a friend i would make time for dinner tonight. as if the person has been harrassing you. lol

sometimes you gotta play the game, but i would def let him know how you feel. maybe he feels the same

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)