Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

money owed to state from tax return not taken out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

filed our taxes months ago, took a month or so to get the money deposited into our account. papers that we printed out for our reference showed that the state part we owed back to the state and showed when the automatic withdrawl would happen, but also gave us 4 vouchers to send 4 different checks in [in case we wanted to not send the full amount right away].

Nearly 3 weeks later, and the state hasn't withdrawn the money yet. Since we have the vouchers, the address, are we then supposed to just know we're supposed to write the check and mail it in ourselves even though the paperwork said the withdrawl would automatically happen nearly 3 weeks ago? I'd call, but I'd be on hold for hours to talk to someone. I just don't want to send a check for the amount for them to also just up and decide to finally take the money out (we don't have double what we're needing to pay back, don't want to be in the red.)

sorry, just confused and want this damned thing paid already :( sick of waiting since it's not hapened yet. what would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
liveforever
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:07 PM
Dh called because we filed awhile ago too and nothing was taken out. He called and they said they were behind. They finally took it out last week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:32 PM

I think I'll call come May 1st then and see what's going on (if I can find the number) if they haven't taken it by then. Just find it weird that they claim it's automatically withdrawn then it's not taken out... like wtf lol how many weeks late were they for you?

Quoting liveforever: Dh called because we filed awhile ago too and nothing was taken out. He called and they said they were behind. They finally took it out last week.

liveforever
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:36 PM
It was around a month later. I think it was federal though, I saw you said state. Either way you'd figure they'd be on top of taking peoples money lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I think I'll call come May 1st then and see what's going on (if I can find the number) if they haven't taken it by then. Just find it weird that they claim it's automatically withdrawn then it's not taken out... like wtf lol how many weeks late were they for you?

Quoting liveforever: Dh called because we filed awhile ago too and nothing was taken out. He called and they said they were behind. They finally took it out last week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:58 PM

yeah we get to keep federal, state this year screwed us. but you're right, you would think they'd be on top of taking their owed money :( lol i just don't want to sign and mail a check for them to take that and auto withdraw. so dumb that this has to be happening.

Quoting liveforever: It was around a month later. I think it was federal though, I saw you said state. Either way you'd figure they'd be on top of taking peoples money lol.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

liveforever
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM
Thats what dh was worried about too. You know how long itd be to get that money back!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

yeah we get to keep federal, state this year screwed us. but you're right, you would think they'd be on top of taking their owed money :( lol i just don't want to sign and mail a check for them to take that and auto withdraw. so dumb that this has to be happening.

Quoting liveforever: It was around a month later. I think it was federal though, I saw you said state. Either way you'd figure they'd be on top of taking peoples money lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:24 PM

I could only imagine MONTHS. not my cup of tea. lol but I also don't have hours on end to spend on hold waiting to hear them tell me in like 2 minutes or less that "this is what's going to happen, thanks for calling"...  :( can't win lol

Quoting liveforever: Thats what dh was worried about too. You know how long itd be to get that money back!
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)