Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you divorced with small children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
If you divorced when you had a young child, who paid daycare expenses per your divorce decree? Was this in addition to child support or did it come out of child support or did you split it?
I'm confused lol
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:22 PM

You both will pay half of the daycare and no, it doesnt come out of Child support.

momngram
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Each case is different.  In my case my ex didn't pay cs or daycare.  How do you spell D E A D B E A T

morgiefae
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:23 PM

My kids were 6 and 3 when our devorce was finilized, we have 50/50, he pays/payed for his weeks, and I payed for mine.  (they are 13 and 9 -almost 10-now)

CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:24 PM
My ex pays half. It's not out of CS.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:25 PM

When I divorced, I got sole legal and physical custody.  He got visitation at my discretion.  He paid child support, and the daycare - which I paid - was $5 MORE a month than the child support I received.

HHx5
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:25 PM
We each paid the daycare directly on our prospective weeks per our divorce papers. Child support was a separate issue.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:27 PM
In my state it is figured into the child support formula along with insurance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:29 PM

When I divorced I had 3 young dd's and I was way to nice to my ex. I didn't ask for anything other then child support. Now they are young adults and I see how much ex's have to pay aside from child support and I just wish I wasn't so nice. My ex got off pretty easy, he did not pay for anything! just $600 a month in cs

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:29 PM
I do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:30 PM

When I got divorced the only thing that he was ordered to pay was cs nothing else. I had to pay for everything for the kids and $200 a month in cs for 2 kids didn't make a drop in the bucket for their needs at the age of 3 & 1. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)