Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

step-sisters sharing a bed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies

My ex-husband and his wife (they got married 3 weeks ago) let her 11 year old and my almost 11 year old daughters share a bed and half the time they sleep with just underwear on (this is what my 12 year old ds has told me). It makes my other kids feel "creepy" and I find it highly inappropriate not only that he lets them sleep like that together but also because Idon't think my other kids should have to deal with it. My ex think it isn't a big deal as both him and his new wife are both very "free spirited" when it comes to natural living. I have complained to him about this and he just doesn't care and he tells me I am over-reacting. Am I over reacting or is it not really a big deal?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momngram
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:26 PM

2 11 year old stepsisters share a bed?  

Sheila79
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:26 PM
This is not appropriate at all
FINEPORCELAIN
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Has he ever heard of pajamas? I dont feel that the free spirit is good when you have tos hare a bed with your step sister or anyone..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Why does your 11 year old only sleep in underwear? that part wouldnt fly with me. i wouldnt like two 11 year olds sharing a bed either. i had to share a bed with my brother when we stayed at our house, my mom didnt like it but i told her it was no big deal because if i didnt sleep in the bed with him my middle step sister would and shes nasty.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:28 PM
I think CPS requires every kid to have their own bed. I'd tell him to fix it or take him back to court.

Eta- Omgoodness, people! I acknowledged I was wrong and even apologized to the OP. Quit quoting me, lol.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:28 PM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't have a problem with them sharing a bed . I do think they should have pjs on
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:28 PM
How does your daughter feel about it?

Take her shopping for some "cool" pajamas.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Do the two girls feel "creepy?" If not, let it go. I shared a bed with friends at sleepovers and sometimes we were just in underwear. My own girls do the same at times. Why does it matter to the other kids so much? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:29 PM

They don't have to share. My DD's bedroom is plenty big enough for a twin bed and my dd's full bed. They are choosing to share.

Quoting FINEPORCELAIN:

Has he ever heard of pajamas? I dont feel that the free spirit is good when you have tos hare a bed with your step sister or anyone..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:29 PM
šŸ™„
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)