Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why bash those who have been on welfare or on it temporary long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 172 Replies
5 moms liked this
And don't say it doesn't happen there is a post currently going about a mom who is getting on of welfare and asking about insurance because they are losing medicaid.

You don't know anyone situation or circumstances. Maybe they did make mistakes, maybe they didn't save enough before, maybe they wasn't able to save before, maybe they had a child to young but what is done is done and can't be undone. You can't return your children. Nobody is perfect and all you can do I'd move forward and learn from your mistakes and try to better your situation.

Some say on here people on welfare are proud of it. I don't necessarily believe that. I believe that they are working with what they have. No point in being miserable all the time.

Most people don't want to be on welfare. Some stay on it longer than what people deem necessary but a lot of that has to do with fear. Fear of being worse off once you are off than when you were on it. Some people are scared to take that risk. And it does happen. It happened to us we were on it for a little over a year. Things improved and we got off medicaid and food stamps. Well we ended up being check to check. Some week I had to go to food banks, we didn't have insurance because we couldn't afford the monthly premium, the deductible or copays. I ended up getting my kids on a program similar to chip because they needed insurance.

You bash those who are sahm on welfare. Once again you don't know their situation. Maybe child care would be more than they would make and with the added income they would lose all benefits, maybe they have 1 or more sn children and all because you can work with having a sn child doesn't mean someone else can, maybe you have help that they don't have.

Stop being judgmental asses.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:34 PM
7 moms liked this
I have no problem with people who legitmately need the help. I do have an issue with people who refuse to help themselves and use government funds as a crutch.
blessedtohave7
by Bahama Mama on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Some women live to put other women down. It's sad.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:35 PM
This.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: I have no problem with people who legitmately need the help. I do have an issue with people who refuse to help themselves and use government funds as a crutch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:41 PM
Mainly because because it makes then feel better about themselves to seperate from others. One way to do it is knock others down. Fact
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
The only thing I ever see you bash is grammar

Quoting Danesmommy1: This.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: I have no problem with people who legitmately need the help. I do have an issue with people who refuse to help themselves and use government funds as a crutch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:43 PM

People judge others to make themselves feel better

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no issues with PA.

I do have issues with the millions spent on Foreign Aide!
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:43 PM
4 moms liked this

I have little patience or understanding for those who choose to have kids they can't afford.

momngram
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:47 PM
4 moms liked this

I have a huge problem with sahm who sah because they get welfare benefits.  They stay at home because they don't want to work.  Great.  BUT you had children and once you have children it is your responisibility to support those children not the responsibility of the government. 

sonnyswoman75
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:47 PM
Well said! We can't always help what happens in our lives. Thank goodness with welfare our children get their needs made.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)