Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am never living in a neighborhood again!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:55 PM
  • 30 Replies
I live in a pretty decent size suburban neighborhood, about 1150 homes. Our neighborhood has a FB page and I have never encountered an entire group of people who bitch so much. Everything is a problem but no one has a suggested solution nor do they want to help. I volunteered for two years and my husband volunteers on the Board, so I see how little involvement everyone has. If you were to go by Facebook, our neighborhood is falling apart, our HOA fees are outrageous and nothing ever gets done. All this, yet there are usually less than 10 people at board meetings. Ugh! Never again.
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherR18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:56 PM
Sounds like my neighborhood.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM
4 moms liked this

HOA's are just stupid anyways.  It is an HOA you have an issue with not a neighborhood.  I think anyone that lives in an HOA community is insane, it would be a cold day in hell before somebody gets to tell me what I can or can't do in my own yard. 

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM

This is why we made sure we didn't buy in a HOA.  Thanks for the reminder, and sorry they're such asshats.

madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:02 PM
HOAS should be outlawed in the first place
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:02 PM
We looked into buying in multiple new developments and chose the older home in a rural area. I miss having neighbors sometimes, but never ever when I visit friends or listen to their neighbor drama. I've adjusted and setup play dates and seek out experiences and choose who we invite into our lives. I love it!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:04 PM

Sooooooooooooo glad I live in the woods, lol.

NYmama96
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:06 PM
Yep this is why I love the country.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:06 PM

yeah i'd stay away from an HOA

MidnightBreed
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:07 PM
Right?

This guy by my grandparents house bought this huge chunk of land, wanting to build houses on it and charge HOA fees. His rules to live there were that you couldn't have a clothes line because he said they were tacky. You had to have a riding mower, no push mowers allowed. No play sets allowed in the yards And all kids toys had to be put away when kids weren't using them. How the hell you gonna tell anyone what they can do on land they own?

Quoting fullxbusymom:

HOA's are just stupid anyways.  It is an HOA you have an issue with not a neighborhood.  I think anyone that lives in an HOA community is insane, it would be a cold day in hell before somebody gets to tell me what I can or can't do in my own yard. 

TruthSayar
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:07 PM
I love my HOA.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)