Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me the story of how you arrived

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Naming your children what you did
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:03 PM

DS: My ex husband and I just agreed. We liked it. 

Oldest DD: We had a name picked out and 7 days before she arrived my ex said he hated it. He suggested some truly awful names and we ended up (with me unhappy) on using what we had chosen for her middle name as her first and I chose a different middle name. She goes by her middle name. She hates her first name (she will be 18 this year). 

Middle DD: When my husband was 8 he said he wanted his daughter to have a particular name. I loved it, we named her that.

Youngest DD: we couldn't decide. We handed the list to my best friend and she picked lol. 

TruthSayar
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:04 PM
It was the only male name neither of us hated.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:04 PM

I liked the names.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this

in West Philadelphia, born and raised. . .

oh wait, that's will smith, not me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM
During my first pregnancy, my husband was really into the Twilight books. He picked a name from one of the werewolves. I liked the name, and we stuck with it for our son. However, after having to spell it for people or correct them when they assume my son is a girl, I don't know how many times, I chose a classic, "normal" name for our 2nd son. Lol
tiffluv81
by BBW on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM

named after his dad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Embry is a lovely name

Quoting Anonymous 2: During my first pregnancy, my husband was really into the Twilight books. He picked a name from one of the werewolves. I liked the name, and we stuck with it for our son. However, after having to spell it for people or correct them when they assume my son is a girl, I don't know how many times, I chose a classic, "normal" name for our 2nd son. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:13 PM
And we were dating my husband said I always wanted a baby girl named -----. Naturally years later when we were married and having our first child if it was a girl that would be her name.

The boys name was always going to be after my father-in-law. Our boy was our second child.

We decided to have a third and we chose names that we liked. That ethnically went with our last name.

Both girls middle names are after their grandmothers.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Great, now I have that stuck in my head. Thanks a lot. Lol

Quoting autodidact:

in West Philadelphia, born and raised. . .

oh wait, that's will smith, not me.

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:14 PM
ODD is named after my Grandmothers. If she had been a boy DH would have named him but we HAD to agree. For YDD, DH picked the name and same deal...we HAD to agree on it.

There were many names tha got mentioned and vetoed but we liked what we ended up with. They are now 21 and 24 and like their names. YDD just doesn't like that we spelled hers a little different then normal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)