Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Harriet Tubman to be on the $20 bill

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I think this is not only a big deal for Black women, but should be for women In general! I also think it's a big deal for the black community! Finally getting some recognition! If you have a negative comment Im not here for that, I'll over look it, this is something I'm happy about!

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article72844572.html
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:03 PM
Please refresh my memory.
Is she the lady on the bus, the flag lady or the slave activist lady or am I way off and she's none of the above

Either way it's awesome

We've had to endure may queen Elizabeth portraits on our bills. They finally started to make her look older
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:04 PM

She was the slave activist on the underground Railroad.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: Please refresh my memory. Is she the lady on the bus, the flag lady or the slave activist lady or am I way off and she's none of the above

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Slave activist lady

Quoting WemblyFraggle: Please refresh my memory.
Is she the lady on the bus, the flag lady or the slave activist lady or am I way off and she's none of the above

Either way it's awesome

We've had to endure may queen Elizabeth portraits on our bills. They finally started to make her look older
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:05 PM

She was a conducter on the Underground Railroad

Quoting WemblyFraggle: Please refresh my memory. Is she the lady on the bus, the flag lady or the slave activist lady or am I way off and she's none of the above

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:05 PM
She helped free fellow slaves, underground railroad, etc...

Quoting WemblyFraggle: Please refresh my memory.

Either way it's awesome

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:06 PM
I think it's fantastic and a wonderful way to honour a great woman.

Now all you need is some damn colour on your money. I hate feeling like I'm loaded when all I have is a bunch of one's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:07 PM
I feel like the US should stick with presidents or do away with the presidents and people on currency all together.
cupcake7734
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM
This is a great start in honoring the great women from our nation's history.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:44 PM
Yes!!

Quoting cupcake7734: This is a great start in honoring the great women from our nation's history.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:45 PM
Yes! I think so too!

Quoting WemblyFraggle: I think it's fantastic and a wonderful way to honour a great woman.

Now all you need is some damn colour on your money. I hate feeling like I'm loaded when all I have is a bunch of one's.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)