Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
My boyfriend if 8 years had left me randomly out of the blue. We were actually engaged to be married in October. He told me he was cheating on me. There were no signs of his unhappiness whatsoever.
This is all so sudden.
So not only that but he has been dating some other girl. They now are already talking about wanting to get married. I am just so devastated. Did I do something wrong?? Is this my fault???
I did a lot for him and we were going to have kids after I graduated.
I just don't understand any of this and the love of my life has left me heartless. I feel very sad and mistrusting of the world. How could anyone do this to someone out of the blue!!??

Please help.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:44 PM
Bump
Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:49 PM

I'm sorry.  We have all probably been there at least once in our life.
For me the only thing that helped was the passing of time and staying busy.  The bussier I was the less time I had to think about the heartache.  Volunteering is a good way to start.
Again, I'm sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:54 PM

I think most of us have been there at least once.  You wonder how they could move on so quickly and you question everything.  It feels like it was all a lie and that's a tough thing to wrap your brain around.

I will say that you will do yourself no favors if you sit around and try to analyze things he said and did.  You will never get the answers you need and want (most likely) and you need (with time) to learn how to become okay with that.  Take it from someone who's been there.  I wasted a lot of my 20s wondering, questioning, not trusting, the list goes on. 

The best thing to do is keep busy and just concentrate on you.  Don't get into another relationship or let a guy say all the right things.  Right now men are the last thing you should worry about.

He wasn't the right one for you.  You don't want to be with a deceitful POS anyway.  Don't romanticize him.  View him for who he really is which is a coward and a pussy.  Call your girlfriends and family and make plans for things to look forward to.  Take it one day at a time.  Start a new hobby.  Don't let this guy have power over you in any way a second longer.

*hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)