Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm A Shoplifter! At Walmart! Egads!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:47 PM
  • 32 Replies

I went to Walmart this afternoon to get some groceries and some of the Sam's water that my husband likes to drink at work.  I had put some Hazelnut creamer in my cart and then asked one of the Walmart worker guys to put two of the 24 count waters in my basket and then another guy put a big bag of dog food in my cart for me.  Since I have that ruptured disc in my neck that is right on my spinal cord I am not supposed to lift anything over two pounds.  I finished my shopping and checked out.  When I was checking out they didn't take the heavy items out of the cart. 

As the guy was unloading the heavy items into my car I saw the creamer and slipped it into one of my bags.  Then I sat in my car and thought about just driving off.  Ugh!  I had guilt.  I couldn't do it!  I had to take it back in and pay for it!  The lady looked at me surprised and then said thank you after I paid for it and was walking back out again.  Man, I just wouldn't make a good thief! 

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:50 PM
I accidentally stole soda from Wal-Mart once. I didn't realize until I got home and I just said Fuck It to myself. I still feel a bit guilty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol me too. It happens.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I accidentally stole soda from Wal-Mart once. I didn't realize until I got home and I just said Fuck It to myself. I still feel a bit guilty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:02 PM
You shouldn't feel guilty if it was an accident.
PogoPalOj
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:03 PM
3 moms liked this

It was one of those large creamers.  Every morning I would have heard it whispering, "You stole me. You stole me. You stole me." LOL 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol me too. It happens.
Quoting Danesmommy1: I accidentally stole soda from Wal-Mart once. I didn't realize until I got home and I just said Fuck It to myself. I still feel a bit guilty.

PogoPalOj
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:06 PM

I would have only felt guilty if I didn't go back in a pay for it.  If I had left the store and not realized it until I got home, that would have been another story.  I live 27 miles from Walmart.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You shouldn't feel guilty if it was an accident.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:11 PM
That happened to me with some foot spray. I felt guilty for a few days but eventually forgot about it until now.

I really don't feel guilty now since the checker only used 1 bag for my glass jar of tomato sauce. It fell through the bag and spilled all over the kitchen floor and cabinets. Took me an hour to clean it up. I should have held it from the bottom but forgot what was packed in each bag. We are even now. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:21 PM
I've accidentally walked out of the stores with things, usually something small that just slips unnoticed.
Stores steal from their customers too, not necessarily on purpose but it happens.

Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:24 PM

lol...

Quoting PogoPalOj:

It was one of those large creamers.  Every morning I would have heard it whispering, "You stole me. You stole me. You stole me." LOL 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Lol! I would have thought the same thing! I buy the big coffee mate creamer, the plain one usually and if I ever forgot to pay for it I'd probably not be able to drink coffee without feeling bad for days lol

Quoting PogoPalOj:

Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:28 PM

I stole a butterfly style hair clip ,I even clipped it to my shirt so I would not forget. The cashier and I get to talking I forget she did not recognize the clip was their product and I walked out. At the next store it dawned on me and I hurried back to pay. 

Something similar at Rite Aid(a local pharmacy chain) I could not decide between two necklaces, I had one hanging on my arm and one in my hand, decided on one in my hand,paid for it. Cashier  did not notice the one on my arm and when I got outside I noticed, ran back in. Neither time the sensores went off.

The sensores did not go off at Fashion Bug after paying for my jeans and the cashier forgetting to remove the clampy thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)