Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not returning calls or emails is poor etiquette

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

Business calls or emails:  Not returning them is NOT an option.  Or you will look unprofessional.

Personal calls or emails:  Either return them within a couple of days or send a brief email or text letting them know when you can get back to them.  

Not that hard to figure out!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:53 PM

LOL.... i am in that same situation RIGHT NOW.  Sent an email to a woman a week ago and still havent heard back.  Just sent her a text.... wanna bet I dont get a response to that either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:54 PM
I agree with professionl. Depends on who the person is for personal, sometimes i don't want or need to get back to them.
kewimom
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:54 PM
My old job we had 3 hours to return calls or emails to the clients.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:54 PM
I'm not really under any obligation to return personal calls or emails. My grandmother in law emails me shit all the time, I'd spend half my day emailing her back. No, thanks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Business or personal?  That is rude, I agree!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

LOL.... i am in that same situation RIGHT NOW.  Sent an email to a woman a week ago and still havent heard back.  Just sent her a text.... wanna bet I dont get a response to that either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:55 PM
I don't return calls or emails from certain people because I don't want to talk to them. Maybe if I don't return their calls or emails they will figure that out
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Business - yes

Personal? I dont need to respond to every call or text I get.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Well, I guess I mean under normal circumstances.  If she had a quick question for you, wouldn't you get back to her?  I'm not talking about responding to all the junk mail she sends you day in and day out.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm not really under any obligation to return personal calls or emails. My grandmother in law emails me shit all the time, I'd spend half my day emailing her back. No, thanks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:57 PM

We are in the same philanthropy organization and our group is planning a large event.  She has some information I need, I have an email waiting to go out but I neeeeeeed that last bit of info from her.

so not really business and not really personal.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Business or personal?  That is rude, I agree!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)